Dodge Ram 5500 motorhome

flylow4500

Observer
Awesome!!
who built the spacers?
Please post pictures with wheels off to show spacers.

I'll be very impressed if you can turn with the oem bumper on the truck. I had the most interference with the front bumper not the Dodge typical back of front wheel well. If you compare the control arms to 25-3500s the 45-5500s are quite a bit longer and the wheel sits further forward in the wheel well.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Yes we fully expect to replace the front bumper and if that is the only issue I will be thrilled. We want a more robust/protective front bumper anyways as much of our travel will be in areas where animal strikes are a problem. I am hoping the new front bumper from AEV will mount with no tire interference. It is designed to allow running 41" tires on the 2500-3500 but as you mentioned the 5500 is a different front axle so hopefully it works just as well.
Ward

Healeyjet

Explorer
Me too! They are at the pre-wire stage so now everything has to be buttoned up, final decisions made then they can go ahead and start on the interior. I had hoped it would go quicker but it will seem well worth it when it is done I am sure. I never wanted to be the holdup by not having a decision made and so far so good on that regard I think. LOL
Ward

shifter16

awesome build thus far! just finished 11 pages. can't wait to see more. what is the width on ur wheels and what was the cost if u don't mind me asking? i may have to pick some up for my build!

Observer
Just had a chance to do a full read through. Love it.

Just to touch once more on the rims. Are they off the shelf Hutchinson rims or custom built? Bolt pattern is the common 10 on 225mm? So the spacers are just spacers not adapters? Finally did buy the rims direct through Hutchinson or where at?

Reason I'm so curious I'm looking for a set of rims to single wheel my 450 Superduty. They share the same bolt patterns in sure you knew that though.

Healeyjet

Explorer
Thanks Hitek. I am a big fan of Das Bus as well!

Victorian, I wish I had more pictures to share and have asked many times but they just don't seem to be coming.

It is in the wiring phase now so not much glamorous stuff happening. They did cut out the holes for the curb side windows though,

As well as the furring on the interior so it could be wired,

Ward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998