Does anyone go through the car wash with your awning attached?

I'm wondering if it'd be okay to go though my local drive through car wash and not have to worry about my new ARB awning mounted to the roof rack?

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
IMHO, overland built vehicles are NOT for drive thru car washes... The DIY kind or at home with a hose and a bucket.... I wouldn't risk it. The carwash wont pay for any damages....

Bretthn

Explorer
Let me specify that I am talking touchless car wash. The intention of my overland vehicle is to be built the way that it suits my needs. Part of that is the capability to drive through a 5 minute car wash on occasions to free up time for me to get out and use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayra

Expedition Leader
These things don't come with weather-resistant / protective slipcovers? One could be made out of silnylon pretty readily and inexpensively. All kinds of possible fastenings. make it pull on like a sock at the front end of the vehicle, have the back side be flaps that reach from mounting point to mounting point, ties, zippers, velcro, snaps on the bottom edge.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Let me specify that I am talking touchless car wash. The intention of my overland vehicle is to be built the way that it suits my needs. Part of that is the capability to drive through a 5 minute car wash on occasions to free up time for me to get out and use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, touchless.... that's a whole different ball game....

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I have a Fiamma proF35 on the side of the camper shell on the tundra, I go to car washes all the time and no problems yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears