Does anyone have a RTT on a Suburban?

Texans Outdoors

TexansOutdoors.com
Does anyone run a Suburban with a roof top tent? I have a 99' k1500 that i just replaced everything; engine, trans a/c (compressor, coils and condenser), front end...

After getting all (most) of the bugs out, I'm thinking I'll bypass the lift and go to an RTT instead.

What are your thoughts, opinions? Do any of you have pics of your set up?

Thanks

Box Rocket

I don't have photos but my wife and I had a '98 Suburban and currently have a '01 Yukon XL. We've used our tent on it a couple times and it works great, just like on any other vehicle. We used ours with the factory roof rack but I think we were pushing its limits. So depending on the rack you have on your 'Burb you may consider a sturdier mounting for the tent. Also depends on the size tent you choose. The nice thing about a 'Burb is that you can fit just about any tent, even the very biggest on them with no problems.
We've used our Tepui Autana Ruggedized and our Tepui Kukenam XL Ruggedized on our Yukon. Worth checking those out.

JKChad

Observer
Do either of ya'll use the factory cross/load bars? I have an 05 tahoe and I'll be picking up my first RTT next weekend, CVT Mt. Rainier Extended. I'm looking to replace the cross bars, but having a hard time finding some that don't cost $400+ dollars. I think we'll be ok for just hauling the tent back home, but I know i'm gonna want to replace the load bars. The factory units seem kinda flimsy.

Hoghead

Observer
Do either of ya'll use the factory cross/load bars? I have an 05 tahoe and I'll be picking up my first RTT next weekend, CVT Mt. Rainier Extended. I'm looking to replace the cross bars, but having a hard time finding some that don't cost $400+ dollars. I think we'll be ok for just hauling the tent back home, but I know i'm gonna want to replace the load bars. The factory units seem kinda flimsy.

We put ours (CVT Rainier Extended) on our 01 Tahoe for a short time until I got the trailer built and used the factory bars. Drove it around for a while on there. Here are a couple of pics. BTW, I know that it is not setup 100% correctly, this is a few hours after I got it put on the truck. My son was dying to sleep in it, so these are just front yard shots of our first time using it.

IMG_0233.jpg
IMG_0235.jpg

Texans Outdoors

TexansOutdoors.com
Thanks

I still haven't pulled the trigger yet. I too am unsure about the roof rack.

My thought is to have the tent fold out over the back doors. I will build a deck with drawers for the back of the burb. The drawers will have a camp stove... and the tent will act as a cover while I'm cooking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior