dog quard mesh

iowalr4

Adventurer
I love the cargo barrier in my LR4. I end up with a lot of different things in the back and most of them would be very dangerous projectiles. I have a couple young kids to carry around, so I tend to leave the barrier in.

I have wondered about creating some type of metal mesh for the side and rear windows, only because I sometimes have something in the back that I worry will just lean over and poke through the glass easily. That or maybe transporting zombies back to home base for analysis...

IMG_20130801_151955_zps5a33b8de.jpg

IMG_20130801_151940_zps40d00bfc.jpg

ColoDisco

Explorer
I thought he was looking for this:
917235972899dea2c0108da8326f6ab1.jpg

I have the dog guard myself mostly to keep everything in the cargo area during difficult obstacles.

What did you find at grainger?

SwampMonster

Observer
That too, awsome!! Grainger has a lot of shelving but, today I found some 2x2 hog panels that are 4'x8' for 25.00. just need time now to fit and cut it. I hate welding.

superbuickguy

Explorer
I have Search and Rescue K9s, so mesh covers are something I've done on most of my dog-hauling vehicles including my D2. The best stuff that I've found so far is the same stuff they use in heavy equipment to keep rocks and stuff out - and, at least for me, it's not easy to find. But it works well because it's easier to keep flat and if someone pushes against it, it won't deform. My last supplier is gone - but, it's not terribly hard to find if you call your local farm equipment dealer. I've used aluminum expanded wire as well. The benefit of aluminum (beside some weight savings) is you don't get sliced apart installing it or rip a kids fingers apart when they stick their finger in to "pet the cute doggie" :violent-smiley-031:

If you want a tighter pattern, perforated metal can be bought from just about any metal supplier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman