Dometic CF80 (Waeco) 85 Quart Fridge in Jeep JK

Woods

Explorer
It's a tight fit but it works with one small mod. With the grab included handles attached, there is not enough room for the CF80. I installed soft grab handles with 1/4" fender washers and it barely fits. There is certain pressure against the rear seat.

CF80 Pros:
- Large capacity
- Low deck - lots of room to store bags on top
- Perfect fit for the 4-door JK

Cons:
- must modify the grab handles

Thoughts and observations:
- If you're using an action packer with it, mount the lid to open from the passenger's side. Getting to the latches with the action packer there is a hassle. To open the lid, you must slide the fridge back a bit, so you can only open it when the tailgate is open.
- Make sure there's sufficient ventilation for the fans. They must face forward and there is a gap between the rear seat and the fridge. I keep the action packer back and there's sufficient space to allow for air flow.
- The power cord is barely long enough to reach the front cig lighter outlet. I have purchased an extension for it.

dsc6175c.jpg

dsc6174mn.jpg

X-plorenow

Adventurer
This is interesting thanks. I have been looking for a larger fridge for my JK, most people opt for a 50qt. I will have to check them out. Thanks!

jeepersjeep

He loves Jeep!
That would not fit if you have the factory sub. Also, some JKU's come with the power adapter in the rear. My wifes 2011 does and makes it perfect for pluging in our 50qt ARB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger