Dometic CFX 35 fridge testing and dual battery system setup (VSR vs Ctek).

I just read the DC ‘specs of CFX35 fridge. ****** ? 7Amp !!
Lets hope it averages low dutycycle.
Btw,
Its motor like all motors operate on alternating current. Either sinewave or ‘alternating' in the sense of changing state.

Nowhere close to that. Not sure where that number comes from, as I saw that too on one of their sites. When it is actively cooling it uses a max of 3.5 amps in my testing. The listed average power draw is 0.77 amps per hour on the getawaeco.com.au website.

DLTooley

Observer
40% loss, roughly, and for not firmly determined cause. That's on AC, so it's not much of an issue for typical use.

ajmaudio

Adventurer
if thats true, its pretty terrible for a modern power supply but as you say it wont really matter. Did I miss how you came up with that? Just curious.

DLTooley

Observer
Kill a Watt meter, from my local library. There are also different measurement options for watts in AC which I don't understand. I used an Amazon DC Ammeter for my DC measurements - those appear consistent with my battery capacity. I'd presume the converter used in these products is at the cheap and durable end of the market, a good decision as it doesn't matter for typical use.

martnH

I have a cfx 65 Lt and goal zero yeti 400 with a watt meter. On cycle its 55watts
The Fridge ran for 16hours before the 35Ah battery goes to 50%

Ambient temp is around 25

See photos attached
Cheers
b28ebb13459e1614b84bde06ad7af9bd.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

2180miles

Endurance Adventuring
Great thread. Thanks all. I love my CFX-35 and it performed flawlessly on our month-long overland trip across Canada last summer. I purchased Dometic's cover for it to keep it clean and hopefully insulated a little more, but then also used some extra double-reflective insulation I had lying around to put between the cover and the fridge itself. I know the r-value is only ~1.0 or so with the insulation, but I figured it wouldn't hurt.

Currently debating a dual-battery set-up for the WK2, so this information is invaluable. I'll be following along for further info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle