Dometic Seitz Windows for Econoline

bj3nk5

Does anyone know what size windows for Dometic/Seitz fit in the econolines / E-Series ? And where to get them?

Anyone have experience installing them? Or pictures?

I've got an e350 EB, and want 2 full size windows on the drivers side and one on the passengers side. As close in size as i can to the stock passenger model windows, like I have in the slider. I've heard they are dual pane, and have window shades and screens installed.

I see tons of writeups for the CR Lawrence windows. But I really don't want the T Sliders.

Any help or links would be appreciated...

jamesk

Observer
Can't help, but I have the same questions myself. I see them installed on sprinters, custom expedition rigs, and euro RVs. I wonder if the curvature of the econoline walls will pose an issue.

bj3nk5

hopefully someone can help us out. it seems like a vastly superior product, if they can be installed correctly

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Here is a summary:

They require a flat surface to mount on - no curves allowed.

They are close to impossible to get in the USA

They are extremely expensive in the USA

I don't think you will find sizes which are a good fit for an econoline as they only make them in certain sizes.

They are nice, but a bit fragile and not too hard to break into (the plastic can be bent back and the latches "popped" out.

They can be scratched easily by branches.

The screens have gaps on the edges which can allow mosquitoes to enter.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Check out Motion Windows in Vancouver WA. They have t sliders windows that have much larger lower sections so more vent area. They also make double pane windows as well (although I doubt in a t slider type).

I was able to put in 2 flat type sliding windows in my sprinter even though its usually thought a t slider is required due to the slight curvature of the walls. I think a ford e series has more curvature involved though.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I don't know where you are located, but we have shipments coming into North America all the time. It would be easy to include some windows for you. Check out the specs on our website www.totalcomposites.com and on our facebook page.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Took me some digging to find it on the Total Composites website - here is the information:

http://totalcomposites.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/MotorhomeWindowFlyer--791x1024.jpg

MotorhomeWindowFlyer--791x1024.jpg

Another issue with using these windows on a van is that they are made for fairly thick walls - usually about 25mm / 1 inch - so a filler ring would need to be fabricated to fill in the difference when clamping them into a thin sheet metal type opening. If you where really creative, that trim ring could be made to allow the flat window to be mounted into the curved wall opening of an Econoline van...

Great that there is a north american source for these!

Last edited:

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Thanks Haf-E!
We had a sample window with us at the Expo. People that knew Seitz windows told us that ours appear to be more solid build. One other detail I find important to mention is a foam strip between the wall and blind assembly, together with brushes inside the assembly it makes bug proof. After all our windows are designed for the australian market.
As for installing them on thinner walls, you would need to craft a build-up to compensate for the missing thickness.

Cheers
Andreas

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Yes - Your windows look very nice from what I can tell - the rounded corners are also a nice benefit since it can be hard to fit a square frame into some locations. Its great you are making these available in North America! Would love to drop by and see a sample some time.

OtterHome

I have these windows on my travel trailer. They're fantastic. Lightweight, adjustable opening, and the shade system is perfect. Would enjoy seeing someone adapt these to an Econoline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78