Don’t be this guy

HUMMER/Expeditions

I imagine it's about the size and shape of a second full sized land rover - not exactly an easy thing to toss in the boot just in case!

I had a moment of "uh oh" in Bonneville quite a few years back but managed to self-recover. Max Trax are about the only thing that can effectively help but even then often folks spin down to the frame rails and have to deal with suction. And even if MaxTrax were an option, in situations like that Rangie, it's probably going to be 3 feet of progress at a time over many many hours to get out of there. The other option for folks who don't have MaxTrax would be actually a bit faster - it's what @llamalander mentioned. You can make this option work with a robust bit of wood and a ratchet strap so it's well worth being aware of for solo bush recoveries as it's cheap and accessible; I've done it before and it works remarkably well for how simple it is.

I can’t imagine doing that 3 ft at a time,
That mud is so sticky, it’s hard to even walk.
but in that situation you have to do what you have to do.

Dodge was doing Ram advertising few years ago, truck got stuck there for 2 weeks.
But of course you won’t ever hear that, only locals have the pictures and the story of that.

GHI

Adventurer
I imagine it's about the size and shape of a second full sized land rover - not exactly an easy thing to toss in the boot just in case!

I had a moment of "uh oh" in Bonneville quite a few years back but managed to self-recover. Max Trax are about the only thing that can effectively help but even then often folks spin down to the frame rails and have to deal with suction. And even if MaxTrax were an option, in situations like that Rangie, it's probably going to be 3 feet of progress at a time over many many hours to get out of there. The other option for folks who don't have MaxTrax would be actually a bit faster - it's what @llamalander mentioned. You can make this option work with a robust bit of wood and a ratchet strap so it's well worth being aware of for solo bush recoveries as it's cheap and accessible; I've done it before and it works remarkably well for how simple it is.

I bought Max Trax after this.

Attachments

• IMG_9755.jpg
    IMG_9755.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 16

HUMMER/Expeditions

Best tool for me, I can’t imagine going to remote places without HILIFT Jack and tire strap, maxtrax combo.
In that picture of my RRC stuck in snow mud, we spent 5 hours trying recover ourselves,
if I had a HILIFT Jack rover would of been out in a min, we ended up burying spare tire in mud and using hand winch.
IMG_4920.jpegIMG_4919.jpegIMG_2122.jpegIMG_2120.jpegIMG_2114.jpegIMG_2115.jpegIMG_2121.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior