Don't call it expedition white ... the next Pangaea truck: 04 DII

pangaea

Adventurer
How about UN white...or Overland white???

Looks great and pre-built, can't go wrong there.

I like "UN white" ... that and "NGO white" both have a nice ring to them.

The D2 definitely came with some great accessories already, but I'm already started my list of mods. The trick is to make it a great expedition rig without cowbell-ing it up too much.

leeawalden

Adventurer
The lights on the a-bar are LR genuine lights...they have issues with going through relays. I have those on the bumper and FF1000s on the roof rack.

Attachments

• 11151_620224682833_23216345_37127086_7145058_n.jpg
    11151_620224682833_23216345_37127086_7145058_n.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 97
  • ALPINE RADIO 025.jpg
    ALPINE RADIO 025.jpg
    842.6 KB · Views: 40

Ronct110

Adventurer
It went to the dealership for preventative maintenance like clockwork.

Congratulations. Beautiful truck. The goodies e.g. SD rack are bonus, best part is well cared for and preventative maint done = key to enjoying LR ownership. Way to start.

That's a pristine 04 DII. Looks at those fender flares - not even beat-up by the sun
swamp.jpg

My 04 II has 91k, running strong, and the best DII year IMO. Minor problems surfaced like the plastic window roller guide broke. Solutions or fixes are documented on the web and easy DIY. And even major ones e.g. fixing the three amigos are documented for DIY repair.

JSBriggs

Adventurer
I like "UN white" ... that and "NGO white" both have a nice ring to them.

The D2 definitely came with some great accessories already, but I'm already started my list of mods. The trick is to make it a great expedition rig without cowbell-ing it up too much.

Nice truck. Id say Refrigerator white, or as they say in construction, Company white.

You have a fever?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4royOLtvmQ"]YouTube - CowBell[/ame]

-Jeff

pangaea

Adventurer
sweet. What are you thoughts on a mod list?

Still working on it, but right now the definite mods are:

Melvill & Moon seat covers
Mild Old Man Emu lift
265/75/16 tires
Obligatory underbody protection
ARB Sahara bumper
1.4M Howling Moon RTT
Mantec raised air intake

For some of the stuff like gear storage and organization, I just need to get some seat time on the trail to see what works and what doesn't. But I'm already amazed at how much extra space is in the back of the DII vs a DI.

pangaea

Adventurer
The lights on the a-bar are LR genuine lights...they have issues with going through relays. I have those on the bumper and FF1000s on the roof rack.

Those are definitely the same lights as yours... I'm just curious who actually manufactures them before a LR logo gets slapped on them.

Regardless, they're a big upgrade from the crappy LR aux. lights that came on D1s like the XD.

Chazz Layne

Administrator
Mild Old Man Emu lift
265/75/16 tires

FYI - YMMV of course, some folks have no trouble with this combination.

I originally put a 2" OME lift on mine (heavy duty springs) to fit 265/75s, but ended up with very bad rubbing out back. My rear fenders are still a little bent from it, and the outer weather stripping needs replaced. The fender bent into a knife from this rubbing and sliced into the sidewalls of both rear tires - not enough to puncture, but enough I'm being careful with them until I get new ones.

When I got back from the first trip I ordered a set of one-inch spacers from Columbia Overland. That did the trick, but the damage was already done. I will be keeping the spacers and upgrading to the 3" OME lift before I add any serious weight.

Fortunately, none of the damage is visible from outside the wheel well with the door shut, and it will be easy to repair.

ColoDisco

Explorer
Nice looking Rig.

Not sure if I talked to you Nathan or someone else at SEMA Nov. 2009. Had a nice looking 110 with diesel swap. Tried emailing you a couple of times to no avail. Always looking for more people to hang with, I joined front range 4x4. Great group of guys and girls. I have been modding my Rover and doing alot of mods to it. Look forward to where you go with this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle