Dont know what it is but I bought it!

Tracer-X

Magic carpet ride
I looked at the trailer on CL a couple of times before buying a service body and started building my own. It was just a little too far away too.

2000LJ

Observer
Sweet!

I actually have the same box in trailer form. Mine still had the vin tag on it. Mine is a 1955 Bell and Pacific telephone service box that was put on the ford f100 pickups.
My trailer is mostly done. Cut fenders, custom chassis with jk width 3500lb axle, 37" mtrs, jk rubi wheels, bed lined tub, RTT on top with bike rack, etc.
You will love it, or at least I love mine!

Post pix as it goes!

And side note if anyone knows where to find another one I am looking!!! I want to build another expo rig with it on the truck.

2000LJ

Observer
I actually have the same box in trailer form. Mine still had the vin tag on it. Mine is a 1955 Bell and Pacific telephone service box that was put on the ford f100 pickups.
My trailer is mostly done. Cut fenders, custom chassis with jk width 3500lb axle, 37" mtrs, jk rubi wheels, bed lined tub, RTT on top with bike rack, etc.
You will love it, or at least I love mine!

Post pix as it goes!

And side note if anyone knows where to find another one I am looking!!! I want to build another expo rig with it on the truck.

Pictures of mine...

image_zps9f77545e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsb0d2b13d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

6btEX

Observer
Mine is also a 1955. I plan on making a hard sided RTT, the whole pacific nw thing( it will rain!). The brown bus dropped off some stabilizer jacks, hitch and wiring stuff. Will post progress as it goes. A friend donated an air tank so I will have to include that. Summer is busy time, may be slow.

6btEX

Observer
I like the fenders on yours. Mine look a little bigger and are not as round. I like the idea of a flat fender, but don't think it will work with the side door. I was toying with the idea of removing the upper tray section of the top and replacing with something different. The wood in mine is shot.

6btEX

Observer
some progress!

Installed front and rear stabilizer jacks, cut the ball mount off and installed receiver(optional ball mount or off road coupler), replaced some rot on the drivers side compartment, and removed rack on front for rakes/shovels. Going to install 7 pin wiring, battery, air tank, and air compressor. Will post pics when I can find the camera! Getting ready for maiden voyage on the 4th weekend.

2000LJ

Observer
I like the fenders on yours. Mine look a little bigger and are not as round. I like the idea of a flat fender, but don't think it will work with the side door. I was toying with the idea of removing the upper tray section of the top and replacing with something different. The wood in mine is shot.

My fenders hung down more on the sides, front and back but I trimmed them up to clear the tires.

6btEX

Observer
I have three stabilizers, wheels chocks, and other misc. equipment that store in the small driver side compartment.
I had two large plastic totes that fit perfectly in the rear compartment on the drivers side. On the passenger side of the rear compartment sits my cooler, another small tote and porta potty. The upper section of the rear compartment holds my picnic table/bench setup and four lawn chairs. Will work on the front passenger compartment when time allows.

DSCF0822.jpgDSCF0821.jpgDSCF0820.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12