drawer/storage system for Jeep Wrangler

kriegersa

I wanted to build a rear cargo drawer system for my 2016 Jeep Wrangler 4door. But like you, I did quite a bit of research and found some really good info out there but not a ton out there specific to the Wrangler.

I'm not an expert builder by any means. I enjoy it and can get by, but I'm no master carpenter. I took ideas I found from other online - videos and forum posts - and decided to jump in to the build.

For any expert builders, this would be pretty simply. But for those out there, like me, hopefully this will give you an idea of what can be done and will give you ideas for your build.

Thanks for resurrecting a thread from 2011! hahaha but in all honesty if my 2007 had some better mounting points for a drawer system I would be all over this, and I think your system is pretty awesome! Great job!

I love what you did with the pull out table that's underneath the drawer. smart idea!

BCobe

Adventurer
I wanted to build a rear cargo drawer system for my 2016 Jeep Wrangler 4door. But like you, I did quite a bit of research and found some really good info out there but not a ton out there specific to the Wrangler.

I'm not an expert builder by any means. I enjoy it and can get by, but I'm no master carpenter. I took ideas I found from other online - videos and forum posts - and decided to jump in to the build.

For any expert builders, this would be pretty simply. But for those out there, like me, hopefully this will give you an idea of what can be done and will give you ideas for your build.

Do you have any more pictures or info on this? Drawer slides, handles, etc. This is exactly what I want to do to my 2 door.

kriegersa

Holy crap! if this is you then this is a crazy coincidence

Youtube video here

edit: IT IS YOU! I'm subbed now. great job on the Drawer system.

Last edited:

Yuke

Adventurer
Here is my work in progress.

I just need to finish the fronts and add the locks as we will be good!

my idea is to take out the back seats, use the deep foot wells for storage and build a false floor over the bed. Under the false flow would be several differing size storage areas however the floor would only be a mx of 4 inches deep. tools jacks etc can lay flat. water can be stored in the deep wells I don't need a 3 burner stove so a coleman amp stove will fit nicely I will use foam to keep everything rattle free. There was an old article I think it was about expedition 1 jeep the jeep was white and had white wheels they removed the seat and had a nice long platform The other thing I am considering is getting a fold down tail gate instead of a swing out I always found more use for that type. then there seems to be a lot of wasted space over the wheel wheels and below the edge of the tub that could be enclosed with drawers and what not. Big dreams lots of work

Lucky j

Explorer
I will jump in as well.

It is for a 2006 LJ, but I wanted to save the back seat for my dog, an alaskan malamuthe, but in order for the fridge to fit, I had to install the rear seat on sliders.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This is how it locks to the back seat floor rails. I simply slide the drawer system in the back of the jeep. And for the back, I use the baby seat ancor bold with bracket.
image.jpeg

BCobe

Adventurer
How is the 2 door JK crowd mounting their systems? Through the tie down bolts or another way?

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
How is the 2 door JK crowd mounting their systems? Through the tie down bolts or another way?

I cut out the rear seat mounts and seatbelt posts, then made a 3/4 thick Plywood plate to fit the shape of the "flat" part of the floor. It's a tight fit and will not slide around. I then used two bolts through the floor of the jeep to secure it down. It has worked out so far, but we will see what happens if the Jeep turns over. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12