Driving a vehicle you dont like.

evilfij

Explorer
So your gf drives your quite valuable jeep and you are scrounging for money to make payments on a Sammy? Why not sell the jeep and get two cheaper cars?

I will say this re: driving a car you don't like. I had eight vehicles and am down to six. We are talking really nice cars and trucks. You know what I drive 90% of the time? A VW jetta sportwagen TDI. I don't love it, I don't even really like it, I bought it on a whim a few years ago. I mean it is not a bad car per se. But, it is cheap transportation, I don't have to worry about it when I park it somewhere, or it breaking down, or paying through the nose for insurance.

My advice is get something cheap and reliable and save fun cars for when you have spare cash.

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
Nothing wrong with a Ramcharger. Like the Sami, though, this vehicle will require some maintenance. The CAD axle vacuum-actuation device can be replaced with a cable set up for positive lock in. I've purchased an earlier model without the CAD axle to replace the said piece on my '87 RC. If you get the idea to adjust the tailgate tightly to seal out the cold, be aware that the tailgate is fiberglass that cracks at the hinge points, another purpose for the parts RC.

I've put over 20K miles on mine in two years, second that I've owned, and still like the truck.

rallygabe

Observer
I would probably put the money into it. Tires should be affordable for it. U-joint are $20 at most and you should be able to do them yourself (you are on ExPo so I would hope you are capable enough to change them! email me if not and I will walk though through it!)

In terms of the top? i'm not sure there. sweaters and jackets are cheap. get a good wool hat and make sure your heater and blower work well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger