Driving Expedition from North Carolina to Argentina

ramblewriter

Hi all,

I recently returned to the US from my year-long driving expedition from Durham, North Carolina, to Buenos Aires, Argentina in a modified Toyota 4Runner. For any of you who are looking to travel through Central and South America in your own vehicle, check out my site at www.ramblewriter.com, which has hundreds of articles, a traveler’s forum, video guides, and an extensive photo library. I have just published a book, The Essential Guide to Driving North, Central and South America, which is also available through the site.

Driving and camping throughout Central and South America is an incredible experience. If there are any questions I can answer about vehicle modifications, trip preparations, or particular country questions that are not specified on Ramble Writer, feel free to contact me.

Rochelle
Ramble Writer
www.ramblewriter.com

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
very cool!

Nice looking truck, any problems with the canvas top? Theft?

Great pictures! Awesome you took your dog, I travel with mine also.

*edit: never mind about theft question. I see you have a cage built under the canvas. Very cool indeed!

Last edited:

4runnin'

Observer
Ever have a problem finding 35's throughout south and central am? I was wondering if I should go back down to 31's or so before going south if 35's are hard to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears