drop in bed liner / truck cap compatibility question advice needed thanks

EuroJoe

Adventurer
So I have a drop in liner in my truck that comes up and over the rails and I'm getting a used cap, the cap is one that snugs over the rail as well so the two won't work together . Should I cut the drop in liner down and try use it or throw it out/sell or will it just flop around and bug me? Any thoughts? Thanks

Yellowkayak

Adventurer
If your current bed liner fits on the rails nice and tight and FLAT, then you will not have a problem with the topper on top of that with a good seal. If you don't like that opetion you can trim the bed liner and tuck it up underneath of the lip on the insdei of the bed if your truck has one, then mount your topper with a good seal.

JJ

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
I had an under the rail liner in my old truck and never liked the wasted space between it and the actual truck bed. I say ditch it and go bare until you want to spend the money on Line-X etc.

$.02

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
I had an under the rail liner in my old truck and never liked the wasted space between it and the actual truck bed. I say ditch it and go bare until you want to spend the money on Line-X etc.

$.02

Agree 100% Line-X and the like offer better protection, durability, and appearance. I've never seen a drop in plastic setup that did not rub and leave witness marks on the trucks finish. That said, on my past truck, I had the line-x sprayed over the rail and down the outside one inch for added protection.

Buy the best - whine only once.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Line X if you can get it. Funny there are no lineX dealers here in AK so Rhino has the market. In Ill you will get rust in you bed with a drop in liner, I know lived in the rust belt for some years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998