Drop in K&N

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Well I have run the K&N filters for a long time. I have never really noticed any major performance or fuel mileage increase on any truck or car. I use it mainly for the convenience and long term saving on filters. I keep in my tool box a small can of electronics cleaner. This is incase the after a filter service, if some of the oil coats the MAF sensor I can clean it and get things back to normal. I have had to clean the MAF once in my Ranger and once in my Taco. I usually find this hapens to people who do an filter service throw it in and drive. I usually try to do a service and let the filter "dry out" for 24 hrs before I drop it in and drive. Since I started doing that I have not had any issues.

I do carry a paper back up just incase in the Taco but do not on the fRanger since it see's no offroad action. I am interested in the Amsoil products but do not have any experience with them. May be I will get one for the wife's TDI if they make one and let her be the guinne pig LOL!

asteffes

Explorer
mcvickoffroad said:
Can the Amsoil set-up be used with a snorkel, I thought you need a closed air filter box with a snorkel?

You can use the Amsoil filters anywhere you use a stock filter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179