Dual Battery Tray for Tacoma, 4Runner and T100

lwg

Columbia Overland is happy to offer our latest exclusive product. After getting our shop opened a few months ago we set out to start up our production side once again as this is really where our passion lies. The first product that my lead tech wanted to see was a Dual Battery Tray for his Toyota Tacoma as he had looked high and low to find what he was looking for to no avail.

Well we finally got this project moved from idea to product.

The battery tray is designed around what I think is the physically largest battery for any given class, the Odyssey, so that most other batteries will fit. We're currently running two Odyssey 1400's in this kit. The tray has a tab to hold the relocated coolant reservoir and fits nicely into the stock location.

http://www.columbiaoverland.com/Toyota-Dual-Battery-Tray

Give it a look and let us know what you think? I'll have a few more pics of the production model including one showing the entire tray tomorrow. Also note that the production version has full coverage on the top of the batteries unlike the prototype that's shown in the picture.

Pricing for this unit will be $150, however for our Expedition Portal friends we've put together a 20% off coupon code (ExPo) that will save you $30 that's good through December 31st, 2010.

Also note that we're adding Toyota products to our site everyday. I'm constantly getting flack for our lack of Toyota products. You'll start to see this area grow substantially over the next few weeks as we start to grow our product line.

Last edited:

lwg

any chance youll make one for the 05 and newr tacos?

thanks
mike

It's on the drawing board. Just need to get one into the shop for some measurements and such. We're also planning on building something similar for the FJ Cruisers and hopefully even the FJ80. We have tons of customers with these vehicles who are itching at getting a good dual battery setup.

PHXtaco

Adventurer
few more pics of the production model including one showing the entire tray tomorrow

Yes, interested to see what the lower potion of the tray looks like and how it mounts.

WeJammin589

Columbia Overland is happy to offer our latest exclusive product. After getting our shop opened a few months ago we set out to start up our production side once again as this is really where our passion lies. The first product that my lead tech wanted to see was a Dual Battery Tray for his Toyota Tacoma as he had looked high and low to find what he was looking for to no avail.

Well we finally got this project moved from idea to product.

The battery tray is designed around what I think is the physically largest battery for any given class, the Odyssey, so that most other batteries will fit. We're currently running two Odyssey 1400's in this kit. The tray has a tab to hold the relocated coolant reservoir and fits nicely into the stock location.

http://www.columbiaoverland.com/node/459 hid headlights

Give it a look and let us know what you think? I'll have a few more pics of the production model including one showing the entire tray tomorrow. Also note that the production version has full coverage on the top of the batteries unlike the prototype that's shown in the picture.

Pricing for this unit will be $150, however for our Expedition Portal friends we've put together a 20% off coupon code (ExPo) that will save you $30 that's good through December 31st, 2010.

Also note that we're adding Toyota products to our site everyday. I'm constantly getting flack for our lack of Toyota products. You'll start to see this area grow substantially over the next few weeks as we start to grow our product line.

Wow only for 120$!!! Gotta save gotta save =P

So where were you a year ago when I could not find one of these and had to get my own fabricated?

It looks like a clean fit and I would like to see the lower end as well.

Kevin

lwg

Finally got the pictures today. Basically it just sits in the factory location using the stock located tie downs to hold things in place. Since the weight of the batteries is nearly 80 lbs we have so far found no need to secure the underside as it just doesn't move. We literally used a prybar on the side to try and move it and was unable to without what I would consider excessive force.

Here are some photos I pulled from our site:

This one shows just the tray itself as it sits:

Toyota Dual Batt Tray only.JPG

In this image you can see the integrated coolant reservoir mount:

Toyota Dual Batt Coolant Mount.JPG

This image is basically the same as the one above only with the stock coolant reservoir mounted:

Toyota Dual Batt Coolant Reservoir.JPG

And lastly, the updated cover that completely covers the batteries and allows room for cable management:

Toyota Dual Batt Top w cables.JPG

Overland Hadley

on a journey
It's on the drawing board. Just need to get one into the shop for some measurements and such. We're also planning on building something similar for the FJ Cruisers and hopefully even the FJ80. We have tons of customers with these vehicles who are itching at getting a good dual battery setup.

Great. Can you send me a PM when this is available?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears