Dual fuel tanks an option?

Taemian

Are the FG series available with dual side fuel tanks?

My 2006 FE has a right side tank with a 33 gallon capacity, looking to hopefully add another tank to the other side of the truck for greater range. Seen dual tanks on smaller Hinos and NPRs, but never on an FE.

Thanks!

blackduck

Explorer
Its a DIY project
youll get a complete tank with mounts from a truck wreckers, bolt straight up to the cahssis then all you need to do is plumb an equaliser line with shut off valves at each tank, it will draw fuel from the RHS tank and return the same, big diference is fuel level, park in a gutter for any length of time and watch your fuel gauge rise or fall
If you wanna be tricky you can plumb a fuel suction line with isolating valve on the LHS tank and put a "T" piece in the main fuel line just before the primary filter
works a treat

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
If you go for rectangular tanks, opposed to the standard round ones, you will fit a larger volume of fuel in less space.
As Stu has said, you can get them from a wrecker.

lehel1

Adventurer
2 fuel tanks

hey

i have an 08 fg and have two tanks. i added a stock tank to the drivers side and kept things simple. the dealer just added a line from the bottom of one tank to the other with a shutoff on each. i use the stock tank till close to empty and then open the valves and let the 2nd tank drain into the stock tank. there was no drilling on the tanks or mods needed. used the treated plug hole on the bottom of the tanks. since i offrad i did build skid plates for the bottom of each tank to protect the lines but for street use there is more than enough ground clearance. good luck
cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman