Dual vent refrigerator??

jaross

This might not be the best place to post this question (if not then please kindly direct me to where would be)

Has anyone done a dual vent system for the refrigerator install? My isotherm is supposed to have intake at the bottom and hot air exhaust at the top. That makes sense, but I don't want it taking my cooled cabin air and heating it up and then putting it back in my living space in the summer (or worse yet, taking the hot air from the outside, heating it up more and then exhausting it into my living space). So the solution would seem to be dual venting. Have a floor hole for the intake, thats easy enough and its been done before, but unless I want to run a chimney of some sort to the ceiling Im thinking that I will need a fan assisting the hot exhaust air (which obviously wants to rise) down though a dryer tube (or something) to a second hole in the floor.

thoughts?

luthj

Engineer In Residence
These fridges reject 100-150w of heat max. Just vent the cabinet inside. If you don't have enough space, slave a 80 or 120mm computer fan to the condenser fan, and have it vent the cabinet near the cooling pack.

java

Expedition Leader
These fridges reject 100-150w of heat max. Just vent the cabinet inside. If you don't have enough space, slave a 80 or 120mm computer fan to the condenser fan, and have it vent the cabinet near the cooling pack.
Exactly how mine is, has a factory fan on the coils.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Exactly how mine is, has a factory fan on the coils.

I meant to say that adding a second fan to vent hot air from behind the fridge is an option if you can't get the recommended vent area for natural convection.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I am unfamiliar with your type of refrigerator but my Engle mt45 barely put out any heat that's detectable...

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Not needed. The heat is minimal and especially mounted inside a cabinet you’ll never detect it. Additionally, when it’s really hot out your fridge probably benefits from the cooler air inside. Again, minimally but not worth putting a few big holes in the fan. This is coming from someone who is constantly overthing things too for what it’s worth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears