Durango_60's 07 Rubicon Unlimited Build

durango_60

Explorer
This is going to be a slow thread for a while, mostly because the new rig is on order and could take 3-4 months to get here. I've lamented over this decision for many months and recently decided to go ahead and take the plunge. Being a Yota guy I feel like a sinner but I'm going to give the Jeep a try since on paper it is the most ideal solution available in the market for my application.

I've attached my order sheet for the specs. After much debate with my 4 year old we passed on the Expo white and went for the Redrock.

It will start out looking just like this
rubi_delivery_hor_800_IMG_4030.jpg

Immediate mods will consist of nothing more than a winch bumper to mount my 9.5 ti w/ synthetic line that I took off my cruiser.

articulate

Expedition Leader
:Astrologist:
She's beautiful. I'll bet you're going to be very pleased. Who makes winch bumpers for these things so far?

durango_60

Explorer
There are quite a few bumpers on the market as of now, of course I'm fond of the AEV and the Fab Fours(mostly cause they are local guys) which are both $1000+. Shrockworks makes a nice stubby but since this will be a dd I'm going to wait and see what they come up with in a full length bumper.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I'm totally gonna let you off the Toyota hook because that thing is ************! :jumping:

I told ya, I like that color. I agree with Simon. The versatile tops will be nice to play with. That thing is hot.

Sweet, sweet call. I'm looking forward to this!

:beer:

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Congrats...best of luck with it.

Is this your first Jeep?

I was just thumbing through the Quadratec catalog earlier and noticed there is alot of accesories already available for the JK. Didnt take long..

:wavey:

durango_60

Explorer
Yep, it's the first Jeep. I've got two Landcruisers, a 60 and an 80, which are gonna be finding good homes to make room for this one.

blupaddler

Conspirator
Congrats!:victory:
I think you have a great platform to work with and will last you for years to come.
And if it's o.k. with KC it's o.k. with me.;)

So what is the price now on the S/C 80? Or did that get sold?

durango_60

Explorer
blupaddler said:
So what is the price now on the S/C 80? Or did that get sold?

I'll let it go for $7500, but I've removed the sliders and intend on removing the bumper if someone doesn't buy it soon.

blupaddler

Conspirator
I PM'd you about the 80...:luxhello:

So...The Rubicon's come with BFG M/t's now instead of the MTR's. (or are my eyes failing me in the pic).

Wanderlusty

Explorer
blupaddler said:
So...The Rubicon's come with BFG M/t's now instead of the MTR's. (or are my eyes failing me in the pic).

Your eyes are just fine. I dunno the back story as to why they changed, but yep, BFG's on the Rubi.

Bergger

Explorer
I'm excited for you. I've never been a Jeep guy but I have to say I was very impressed with the new Rubicon when I checked them out. Compared to the old jeeps they are cavernous. I was willing to give it a try myself but the wife has always wanted an Xterra so that is the route we ended up taking. It would have been nice to have a vehicle with a removable top.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Don't feel bad regarding the Toyota thing....I'm looking at this very rig as one of the top 2 choices for my next buildup....you can't beat what you get!

-H-

2500Adventures

Adventurer
jeeperman.com has some accessories out there for the JK I think...either that or they are in development...look like pretty solid stuff to me..another guy on here, zeero, has a jeep green JK Rubicon, he's located in Milton, Ontario, Canada though.

Sweet color though, i dig the reds...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78