Duratracs in the Mud

daverami

Explorer
Well, I have less than 500 miles on the 285/75R16 Goodyear Duractracs that I put on my truck. Haven't been offroad much before today, other than a little run in the hills around Christmas to check out the snow.

We have had some icy roads with packed snow, and now rain, and in my opinion, they are much better all around than the 265/75R16 BFG AT's I had on before. With a little weight in the back, I can go up some roads in 2WD that I needed 4WD before.

Anyway, still not a lot of miles for a complete review, but went up to some property I own today and the road is practically impassible when it is wet. Total clay-like grease. The Duratracs did great, kept a good line and cleaned out well. Much better than my AT's when I went up last year.

So far I am very happy with this tire and the size. Did not take much weight to balance and they ride quite well.

Will keep you posted.

soonenough

Explorer
Great news! Thanks for the continual updates, I have a set of 265/75/16s on order (they're on national backorder according to Discount Tire and Goodyear).

I love my Duratracs. I'm running 245/75R16 in load range C on my Cherokee and I honestly don't have a single complaint. I haven't had the need to drive through mud yet, since I live in Arizona, but they've taken everything I've thrown at them. I'll buy another set when these run down.

tommudd

Explorer
I have about 4500 on mine now ( 265-75-16s mounted on Moabs on a Jeep Liberty) I had BFG ATs last winter and have to admit these go way better than the BFGs did . Was on some back roads after about 8 inches of snow and had to stop on a hill behind two GMC 4 wheel drive pickups with about 30 bales of hay on each, they were stuck, had to back down to let them get out of the way. After I got around them and drove to the top I realized I forgot to lock it in. Walked right on through.
They do not clean mud as well as a full on mud tire but they do a great job for what they are.
Ride is good, balanced well, a little hum 35-45 but thats about it! When these wear out I'll get another set!

daverami

Explorer
I'm glad you guys like them too. I have been a BFG guy for a long time and really went back and forth before getting these. Like what I hear about the KM2's but these were a lot cheaper, I really got a good deal.

I had to wait over a month to get mine. I'm very satisfied so far and am really interested in what kind of mileage to expect out of them.

I'm heading for Utah the end of April beginning of May, so I'm looking forward to their performance in that terrain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998