dust control

TexJeff87

Revived Wheeler
Hi. First post.

For you first gen 4runner owners, how to you seal up the back window/tailgate area to keep the road dust out?

Thanks,
J

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
Welcome to ExPo!
Ask this question in this thread. I bet you will get a lot more responses! Also throw up a picture of your 4runner! Everyone likes pictures!

That's what these are for, they're not spoilers :D :

3rdGenRear_003.jpg

retro fit one ;)

bkg

Explorer
Hi. First post.

For you first gen 4runner owners, how to you seal up the back window/tailgate area to keep the road dust out?

Thanks,
J

Are you asking how to keep road dust from coming into the truck via the rear window? That should never happen. I've owned WAY too many Gen1 4runners - that window should be well sealed from the factory.

toyota_jon

Adventurer
See if you can determine where it's coming in from. top, bottom, or sides. That will tell you where you should start looking. I know I'm missing the bottom seal that goes between the gate to the bed and I get some dust in through there.

TexJeff87

Revived Wheeler
It comes in around the gate, thru the tail lights, up through the sides....

I had about 60 miles of high speed gravel road...all windows up...and everything in the back was covered in dust.

corax

Explorer
I had the same issue, and ended up using some cheap HomeDepot universal stick-on EPDM weatherstrip to seal the tailgate to the body a bit better

9bdec49c-15e4-4fc4-9ce6-643268a68707_400.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12