Dynomax Exhaust

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Are they any good ? I was looking on e-bay and summit had one, so I went and looked at their site to check on pricng. Well, it's the same price, but they have a 75 dollar mfg rebate on their site....

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-17340/

so I am thinking with 75 bucks back, that would be 80 or so bucks for a new ecat-back exhaust...any input on Dynomax..

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
It's basically a straight thru like a glass pack but bigger. The tube inside curves and I guess thats how it blocks some sound. I put that muffler on my 08 265hp Ford Edge company car and like it. Who says you can't modify and hot rod the company car? Ive been doing it for 15 years. I even had a hot rod Dodge Caravan . I removed the S,P and O off of the Sport logo on back and had the worlds first Dodge Caravan R/T. I ram aired it, modified temp sensor with a potentiometer and opened up the exhaust. I hate to admit but Caravans are great. That looks like a smokin deal you found.

d1sc0ver

Adventurer
I put a Dynomax Ultra-Flo-X dual in/out w/ a pair of Dynomax Bullets as pre-resonators on my '05 Frontier. It sounds great, but not practical for how I use my truck. Also, the welds on the muffler have started to crack and separate, I don't think there is a leak yet, but it's coming. The setup is 2 years old.

I'm going to change back to a dual in/single out and just do a dump after the rear axle.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Yea Max, I haven't heard too many good things about that mufflers "length of service"

I've got the old tried and trued FLOWMASTER 40 and I'm very happy with that--mellow/rap/burble !!

:costumed-smiley-007:safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

Rigged

Observer
I put this exact kit on my '91 Cherokee when I had it, it was in need for a new exhaust for inspection. I liked the price and the sound was very good. Mellow, but had a very nice sound. I didn't keep the truck for a very long time, only a year so I can't comment on a long term quality.

Overall it was cheap and fit the bill for me.

troy

Adventurer
I have that exact kit on my '98 XJ. My other exhaust fell off and this was a cheap fix. Very mellow sounding, like most turbo mufflers. I've had it for 4 years and 60K miles with midwest "salty" roads in the winter. It is still in good shape. The tip on the tailpipe looks nice too.

With that rebate you can't go wrong. I think it ends this month.

mudbutt

Explorer
I put that kit on my '98 XJ about 2-1/2 months ago. I like it....

I'm still waiting for the rebate tho.....

alosix

Expedition Leader
I put the TJ version of that kit on mine after the Gibson setup I had on there finally gave up.

Its been holding up pretty well, and the sound is much more tolerable than the gibson was.

It also took a few good hits from me breaking a rear drive shaft at a stoplight. Still not leaking and passed smog just fine after the hit :)

Jason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12