E-350 owners: Anyone feel like they bought the wrong length?

MadChad

Observer
My next will be an EB because the rear bench seat is a bear to remove for the extra space while camping in my RB.

plutonic

Outsider
I never liked the way the EB looks. It seems out of proportion.

On the other hand, the Chevy/GMC extended...looks just right.

desertspeed

Adventurer
I don't know that I have had mine long enough to really say, but so far I love my EB. I am used to driving around a full sized truck though, and the van is 5" shorter and the wheel base is 17" shorter, so it actually feels about the same size but has a much better turning radius.

I can keep the front 2 benches in and still have plenty of room for cargo or sleeping in the back. Or I can pull out the first bench so my passengers have plenty of leg room-

r_w

Adventurer
RB was never an option for me, I need more room than the EB has.

Tail dragging is an issue, but better than having to tow a trailer.

AUTO360

Adventurer
I have the EB. If I had to do it over again I would no doubt do the EB again. In my Van at this moment typing this out and facing the back and I would not want to give up the extra space. Now with that said here are my thoughts. If you were to have a pop top or raised roof then it would be easier to have a RB. The extra length driving around is virtually a non issue. That should be the last determining factor. Looks: Well, the RB looks better but personally that holds no value to me. Then comes off roading. To what extent will you be off roading. If your looking to really get down on Jeep trails then an RB would be the way to go. I would go find both types and go sit in them for a while. Try and picture how you would outfit it.
Goodluck on your search.
Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12

Members online