E-Locker switch location 2014 2DR JK

captwoody

Adventurer
The guy at 4 wheel parts suggested a pod for left A frame post for the 2 switches for my soon to be installed Eaton E Lockers extra 150. But I am leaning towards the switch panel in front of my automatic shifter where the traction control switch is. Anybody have the Eaton or any other after market electric lockers and where are your switch locations and why. Before I tell them to put on center panel I want to make sure I am not missing anything. Don't want to spend 3500 dollars and then say darn I need to change this. Thanks Woody

Septu

Explorer
You mean in the same row of buttons as the traction control is? That's a royal ***** of a spot and I only know of a handful of people who've successfully put switches in there.

A pillar is never a bad spot. That or just below the driver side heat vent.

HRPINDC

Adventurer
What about lower left side of the dash where the locker switches are in a Rubicon? I think the A pillars are too big already.

captwoody

Adventurer
Since 4 wheel parts is doing install and not me I will ask for the row with traction control and may settle for spot by ac /heat vent on drivers side. My led light switch is already there. I found it hard to find at night. Need to swap switch with a lighted one

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Go with either the A-pillar location or an SPod, the location you prefer is liable to accidental switch activation, not a good thing with lockers.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I mount all my switching under the driver side vent by the door. The rubicon has their switching there....I use hella switches. Small, round and tucked away. I have enough room in that panel with these switches to put EVERYTHING i need in one panel.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Install an overhead bracket between the windshield facia and the sound bar and put your switch's there-

My forward/rear locker switch's are there between the CB and chrome cargo pug !
MCEFenders-1-16-15015_zpse033eb53.jpg

Sometimes I use the manual switch's for the lockers, cause it's quicker than the computer and I'm able to use them in any tranny gear--2wd/4hi/4lo-immediate response !

Whatever

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

captwoody

Adventurer
They ended up under left AC vent where my LED light switch is. Switches were to big to fit where traction control switches are. Going to have to go back though cause they did not label which is front and which is rear. I know I can figure it out but they should have done it. So I will have them put the neat little label maker tabs on. Build account wiped out have to save more for sliders, shell liners and floor mats. thanks for everybody's input-Woody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12