E350 Van vs Wagon

tk3

Hi all -
Wondering about everyone's opinion on using the E350 cargo van vs. the E350 wagon - the main difference I'm concerned about is that the van comes standard with rear side glass whereas you can get the cargo van with straight sheet metal. I see a lot of both types on this site.

My first choice would be the cargo van with all the options I want and install my own windows but if a deal pops up on a wagon I don't want to dismiss it. I'd assume the wall rigidity of the sheet metal would be better than with holes cut for the glass, which would be important offroad, but is it a big deal at all? I'm assuming the windows come with a frame of some sort, so that would add some strength too, right?

Thanks
tk3

njtacoma

Explorer
I am looking for a wagon (not very seriously yet).

I want the factory windows and seals, but I'm not doing full expedition, it is more of a touring, bicycle garage type application for me. I have kids and although I would bet that the bolt holes are there in a cargo van, I like the factory seatbelt mounts.

Also I want rear air and I haven't seen many cargo vans with it.

Heloflyboy

Adventurer
I just picked up a ext. wagon. I also have a E150 4x4 conversion van and a cargo van for work. I am not sure if the holes are in the floor being it has all the shelves and pac rat drawer. I like the wagon as an all around vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears