earljuic3's 2002 Montero Limited Build Thread

ifixpc

Observer
Those front flares come off the bumper. They're mounted on clips. I lost one of those too :)
I'll either cut and reinstall for flush mount or just remove the other one like earljuic3

earljuic3

Adventurer
I decided on 285/75s based on advice I got from members here. I really like them but I think when these are toast I am going to move on to 35s. I highly recommend these cooper tires to anyone that asks me. I had a gentleman run over to me recently at the gas station exclaiming that I had the same tires he had on his YOTA and how awesome they were. So there's that... I got the rear door tire spacer I will post some pictures later today since I finally got a day off. I just went down to the blue ridge Georgia area for a week and got to play in the mud for the first time since the lift. So far in snow and sand I haven't had any issues. I tore the right front CV boot playing in the mud. I am not sure if that was from the abuse of the adventure or an articulation issue. I have seem some chatter about guys having issues with torn boots due to the lift but I find that unlikely IMO. I will grab a photo of the backside of the fender to show the cut I had to make to get clearance in the front. I know a lot of people say you can run these big tires with no lift but I wouldn't recommend it I feel like I would of had to do a lot more cutting to make it work. To each his own on that I suppose. I am going to be installing a new front bumper which is why I took the trim pieces off. I try to damage or modify the original equipment as little as possible when doing things like this that was my only motivation to remove them for now and not cut them. Next on the list is to have the entire exhaust redone, front bumper / winch, and led headlight's .

earljuic3

Adventurer
Double din, rear tire au pajero lifting bracket (basically just a thin sheet of metal that has three tapered holes that bolt into the existing bracket and new mounting points higher up on the new bracket), and cut away at inside of bumper for articulation.

goodkarma

Can you give us more insights on how to create the rear tire bracket to accommodate a bigger tire? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

earljuic3

Adventurer
c21a8fe6b510fa73b74f8fe53b6cd9f7.jpg

Installed a Scangauge II yesterday, will post back after two or three tanks of gas and let you guys know if it works for fuel efficiency, so far I like it though!

I can pull my rear tire down after work tonight and take some pics of my bracket so you can get a better idea. It would be quite simple to make or have a fabricator make for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger