Early Bronco Expo Trailer Build

Looking good! Reminds me a lot of my buddy's EB trailer build with a modified Flippac on it. He used a pickup bed and has almost identical dimensions as yours and the colors appear to be almost identical as well.

Todd Z.

View attachment 228801

That is sweet! He's got the cool little storage compartment in front of the wheel well too - love those. There is lots of wasted space in that area on mine, might be a good place for a water tank..?

Sent from my fart smone using crapatalk

T.Low

Expedition Leader
smile_cheers.gif

fireball

Explorer
Very nice! I had ideas in my mind when I bought my bronco of building something like this and using as our family adventure rig. I quickly conceded that it wouldn't be big enough for our family of 4 plus dog. This is great though keep us posted on progress!

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
Uber cool! I love when trailer are built to match the tow rig. Great way to reuse that pickup bed. I don't think I'd have realized the body lines were so much the same as the bronco. Great stuff.

Agree with Box Rocket X 5... I dig the similar body lines... I dig the old ponies... I might have gone a foot longer to actually sleep IN it, but I'm taller & with length comes trail concerns... cool set up.
How about a batt. or two up in the space between the bedside & bed itself... some type of framework shelf to set the batts. on... with access doors, the fab. part seems to be well within your abilities...

Well done... :bowdown:

Curt

Very nice. I have seen one with a Bronco roof made into a cap. Maybe on classicbroncos.com?

I saw that one too - it was very nicely done, and was part of my inspiration on this project. It's been too busy to allow for much shop time the last few days, but the weekend is coming and I have a pile of steel waiting to become a tent rack!

It does look like the battery will fit nicely into the old saddle tank area in front of a wheel well too. Need to imagineer a rack/box for it as well.

Working for a living sure gets in the way if everything I really want to do with my life..!

Sent from my fart smone using crapatalk

Very nice. I have seen one with a Bronco roof made into a cap. Maybe on classicbroncos.com?

Yep, I saw that one too - it is/was very well done. It was one of the inspirations for my build! Haven't had much time to get out to the shop in the last few days, but I have a pile of tubing waiting for a rack building party this weekend... Looks like the battery will fit nicely in the old saddle tank area in front of the wheel well, just gotta fab up a rack to hold the battery box down there.

I'm going to build a basket across the front as well, to hold the spare and two jerry cans. Anyone have any recommendations as to the best jerry can holder to buy?

More updates as I get moving again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears