Early Float: 2000 Tacoma TRD SR5 ($5000)

AzTacoma

Adventurer
* TRUCK IS ON HOLD AND SPOKEN FOR. I WILL UPDATE ANY CHANGES AS THEY OCCUR BETWEEN NOW AND LATE DECEMBER *

I will be putting my truck up for sale in December, but I thought I'd float a preview here now for potential buyers and update it later!

2000 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4x4 Access Cab: $5000
225k miles
Manual transmission
E-Locker, good AC

I bought this NEW in 1999, single owner. This truck is well used and it shows. It is imperfect and lacks sophistication, but it is a strong ready to use truck. I have kept it in very good mechanical shape, replacing parts with OEM or better quality. If you need a very tough truck for outdoor adventure or as a project, then this is for you… but it is OK as a daily driver as well (albeit a little rough around the edges by today's standards). I usually drive it to work once a week and take it on an outdoor trip maybe once every month or two.

Some gear: Old Man Emu front (881)springs with Daystar spacers and rear Dakar springs. OME front shocks with Rough Country rear shocks. Total lift about 2.75”. Camburg upper control arms, 33” BFG All terrains with 65% tread and two full size spares, welded Trail Gear sliders, All Pro front bumper and modified All Pro skids, Custom swing-out rear bumper. Optional (no extra cost) is a worn out shell with custom roof rack and KC lights.

Known issues: Moderate body damage behind passenger door, and various other small scrapes and scratches. Driver door armrest is cracked. Air box has a crack (temporarily “fixed”). Outside passenger door handle does not work but I'll probably replace soon. Other minor cosmetic quirks. This truck has earned its miles, but it's solid. No vibrations. All fluids are fresh. The steering rack was replaced in 2014 with lifetime warranty. New brakes and rebuilt/balanced rear driveshaft in 2015. New valve cover gasket/spark wires, etc in 2016. New battery. Clutch was replaced at 165k miles and timing belt was done at 140k miles.

I never thought I'd sell (always thought I'd keep it as a project vehicle and/or pass it down) so I've done a few things that hurt resale, but my loss is your gain. I'm going to buy a new Tacoma soon and it's hard to justify 4 vehicles. I don't need to sell it, but it's not right to store a machine like this. If anyone can get body work done for cheap, this is a $8,500+ truck.

t1_zpsnhojgehv.jpg

sale1_zpstzgwu1b4.jpg

sale2_zpssgepfr35.jpg

sale%207_zpsavow8ek5.jpg

If you do some searching on EXPO you will find some of my little trip reports with the truck. I will put more detailed and interior pictures up eventually, and will try and get particular/specific pictures up by request as well. This truck will hit craigslist and multiple other auto sales outlets in late December.

Last edited:

AzTacoma

Adventurer
Took a few pics today but the lighting (and my camera) wasn't great. And no point is dressing her up... what you see is what you get. She's not a beauty, but it'll do the hard jobs and then some. Perfect budget adventure vehicle.

sell2_zps8mvrnuv5.jpg

sell1_zpsfbhbphlb.jpg

sell4_zps5vqr5tpz.jpg

sell5_zpserpvodyw.jpg

sell6_zps352mwkfm.jpg

sell7_zpsj16polts.jpg

sell8_zpsv9oabttl.jpg

sell3_zpseopfkkb1.jpg

Someone asked about the white thing in the rack. It's an auxiliary fuel cell, a 9 gallon boat gas tank that gravity feeds into the gas filler. That and the CB are negotiable. This is an AZ truck and the frame is in excellent shape.

P1010636_zps3i493or0.jpg

AzTacoma

Adventurer
Just got back from a nice squirrel/trout 4x4 recon in the AZ high country:

tacosell_zpsfogyjupq.jpg

I have a box of random odds and ends (magnaflow muffler, spark plugs, spare CV, other minor misc items) that goes with the truck.

Please ask any further questions or specific pic requests!

AzTacoma

Adventurer
One of the first people to contact me has put a deposit down on the Tacoma. Things moved fast. As of now my truck is on hold and spoken for until the final payout transacts in late December. I know some of you were interested and I will definitely keep you in the loop in this falls through for any reason. Thanks again for the interest!

* TRUCK IS ON HOLD AND SPOKEN FOR. I WILL UPDATE ANY CHANGES AS THEY OCCUR BETWEEN NOW AND LATE DECEMBER *

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998