Earth Roamer ... Land of the Free

Marc1

Observer
Haven
If u want to impose censorship than you have done a fine job of it, so much for DEMOCRACY. It just pains me that when hard questions are asked, Bill Swails has a tendency to lurke in the shadows and lets his cheerleading squad defend him. Like I told Scott, I've come to learn alot about the politics of this industry over the years and it is quite evident that one needs to pay to play to get any type of recognition, or to be heard, and this is where alot of the bias comes from. But you know what ? It's OK, this discussion wil have a re-birth on another forum. Hail to the all mighty.

marc

haven

Expedition Leader
I think the preceding post is evidence enough why a cooling off period is warranted. Perhaps after a few days we can return to discussing issues, instead of attacking each other.

Chip Haven

adam88

Explorer
I think the preceding post is evidence enough why a cooling off period is warranted. Perhaps after a few days we can return to discussing issues, instead of attacking each other.

Chip Haven

No one was attacking one another, Bill had finally posted in the thread to clear things up and you lock the thread? A little suspicious I think. Maybe this forum isn't just supported by Global Expedition Vehicles, maybe it's also sponsored by Bill Swails? Seems a little funny you'd let him get the "last word" in and then lock it. I would like a chance to ask some follow up q's to Bill's post. Disappointed with this new turn of events...

Scott Brady

Founder
Bill has never paid a penny to support this forum - ever.

Global Expedition Vehicles is a new sponsor of this forum, which we sincerely appreciate.

Both GXV and ER are good products.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I don't know what we're YELLING ABOUT!!!....

brick.jpg

howell_jd

Adventurer
I guess I'm a cheerleader...I guess I'm a fanboy...No autographs please!
100_3676.jpg

ER Train 2010 - last year my daughter said "Look at the ER train!" when we were in Moab...this year in CO near Marshall Pass I think.
P9160712.jpg

I think this picture summarizes "Reliable HORSEPOWER and FULLY DYNAMIC SUSPENSION!"
P9160738.jpg

Some think ER builds trucks...I think they build SMILES! (Check out my favorite hat too)
P9170935.jpg

Passport to adventure? All you need is a dream.
P9181164.jpg

Another look at suspension options...no really there's an ER behind the bike.
P9181296.jpg

Fired UP! Free RED HOTS!
P9181307.jpg

Great vista - on a note to reflect that even ER owners can fall victim to hubris, we were all impressed when an ancient Winebago creaked and groaned through! I should've gotten a photo of that! Just to prove that with a little determination almost anything is possible - JUST THINK AND ACT POSITIVE!
P9191323.jpg

In Russia the Aspen are called Osinka...my wife and her mother flipped out for this photo.
P9181212.jpg

Just trying to stay cool! (My 7 year old daughter took this photo - how's that!)
P9170949.jpg

...and always check access rights before getting on the trail...D'OH!
P9110700.jpg

Thanks!
Jonathan

AFSOC

Explorer
"politics of this industry" "pay to play" " this is where the bias comes from" this is fantastic! :Wow1: While you are at it, can you please tell us about the aliens that are being held in a secret hanger in AREA 51.

Looks like trailsurfer is testing the criteria Haven outlined for thread lockout.

:lurk:

trailsurfer

Explorer
Looks like trailsurfer is testing the criteria Haven outlined for thread lockout.

:lurk:

I figure we might as well laugh a little. Hope all is well in Mississippi. I enjoyed meeting you and your family a couple of weeks ago.

And I deleted my post to keep it nice. I realize it might not come across as funny to all participants.

Last edited:

EMrider

Explorer
I've been a casual observer or an active participant on quite a few internet forums over the past decade. And one truism, at least IMHO, comes through again and again.

When company managements enter the fray and start posting, things always go pear shaped.

R

howell_jd

Adventurer
All is well in southern Mississippi! We had a driving thunderstorm Tuesday...very interesting weather here. Lightning and thunder but you can see a clear sky too. I have a great picture from driving in Texas that is similar but different...
P9100691.jpg

Thanks, Jonathan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears