EarthCruiser Closing Doors

klahanie

daydream believer
I see a lot of places just saying "closure", and bankruptcy is never mentioned. This is true of EC's announcement as well.
Also from the announcement:

"...the company has made the decision to wind down operations in its current form."

In other news, I see ER AU has finally changed it's homepage wording, removing "with offices in (Australia) and Bend, OR". Now only Australia. Perhaps reflecting a more emphatic no association.

I see a lot of places just saying "closure", and bankruptcy is never mentioned. This is true of EC's announcement as well.

Yeah a wind down under state law may have less publicity. There is no automatic stay over litigation. This option would make the most sense if they expect to make all creditors whole (pay all wages, repay all loans, and deliver all orders). Colloquially there is not that much difference in terms of the cause and effect between bankruptcy and wind down.

Roam.Wild

Were sales of the Terranova decent? I don't recall seeing any posted on this site. That one wasn't so expensive, ~$350k.

They also announced a new one last year that was built on an AWD Transit chassis.

Evado: https://earthcruiser.com/introducing-evado/

Evado_Rendering-900x600.jpg.webp

We were on their list for one of the first of these when they came out, massively disappointing it won't ever be realized =[

Steve_382

More like teased than introduced:)
I think he was initially talking about the Evado which was never built. The TerraNova was introduced in mid 2020 as a mod from the EXD which didn't have the cabover bed. I think they made 20 or maybe a bit more of the TerraNova vehicles. I would have bought one of them, but the number of zippers to manage every day seemed too much. Also, the lack of interior storage was a problem. Seemed like it was really solidly built.

rruff

Explorer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger