EarthCruiser is closing!?!?!

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Spoken like a journalism student who learned all about protected free speech, actually.

I don't know why I respond to you. Every interaction we have is unpleasant AF.
I have no idea why you do it, I don't know why you make it so unpleasant.

I love the First Amendment, even after it is abused.

Try yelling fire in a theater, free speech goes only so far.

myalias

Forgive my ignorance here, but what's the difference between chapter 7 and chapter 11 bankruptcy?
Basically, in Chapter 11, creditors take a haircut. Some might even lose 100%. But the idea is to keep the company operating, with restructured debt and possibly ownership.

In Chapter 7, the company is essentially non-viable, as no one want to extend debt or fund the company. All its assets will be sold to pay the debtors. Creditors who may have got nothing through Chapter 11 may get something this way.

Someone could still buy the Earthcruiser USA assets, such as moulds, designs, IP, and create a new company. A single person or corporation could even buy all of it, including the vehicles in production. If an investor believes in a company's product, you may see this happen.

Brentc17

This is 100% a separate conversation but... I thought in a recent video you said the EC was just too small for y'all. Does FWC have a bigger rig in the works? Every one I've seen is smaller than your EC.
Its not the total space, its the bed. The EC has a full bed and with 2 adults its tight. With 2 adults and 2 Aussies that like to snuggle its real tight. LOL. The flatbed hawk has a king size bed with more storage. Total floor space about the same. Some trade offs for sure. The new model that is going to be tested is another 12 inches of floor space then flatbed hawk that is out today.

Spencer for Hire

Its not the total space, its the bed. The EC has a full bed and with 2 adults its tight. With 2 adults and 2 Aussies that like to snuggle its real tight. LOL. The flatbed hawk has a king size bed with more storage. Total floor space about the same. Some trade offs for sure. The new model that is going to be tested is another 12 inches of floor space then flatbed hawk that is out today.
Interesting. What new model do you speak of?

kmacafee

Adventurer
On the latest Overlander News, there's an ad from Storyteller Overland about their lineup of vans for 2024. The ad is a perfect example of why many of the overlanding business models are unsustainable. (https://storytelleroverland.com/pages/2024-beast) At 1442/month (with 20% down) for 20 years at 7%, that van would cost a total of $346,000 -- for a van that will depreciate at least 40% in the first 5 years! By year 10, it's probably lost 60-70% of it's value or more. I'm a former financial planner and these types of purchases are exactly why a vast majority of Americans are unprepared for retirement.

utherjorge

Observer
If one were to do some intelligent Googling, one would be able to find an awful lot of things that would bring one to have some opinions on things.

Since it's a little bit of what I do...I'm confident in my opinions that I have on this situation. But allow to say that there are some seriously tangled webs involved with this (former) company.

Connect some of your own dots, children

ReluctantTraveler

Speaking of googling...

To bring a successful defamation claim, a defendant must have published a false statement of fact (not just an opinion) concerning the plaintiff, that caused damage to their reputation.

The defense of opinion protects individuals from being held liable for defamation in cases where the statements made were opinions rather than false statements of fact. This defense is based on the First Amendment right to freedom of speech, which recognizes that opinions are a form of protected speech. In order for a statement to be considered an opinion, it must be a statement that can be neither proven nor disproven.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Speaking of googling...

Explain that to Tucker Carlson, the entertainer, about opinion.

If I wanted to call someone a crook, without evidence, and imply wrong doing I'd probably start by clarifying; "in my opinion" rather than say Tom received money, he ran away from obligations and the money is missing.

Now, can that be proven? Or, could you disprove Tom ran off with the money? Yes!
That would be for a jury to decide.

Yes, it would be libel, an error by definition but still a form of defamation. Dang, almost made it all week without a mistake. I gotta pay closer attention, never know when someone is out there sitting on their perch ready to pick at some comment as an opportunist to validate themselves. :)

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Technically defamatory statements made in writing would be libel; the same made in speech would be slander - unless proven to be true.
Yes, thank you, that's right, might note the response ^ as well.

Oh, let's play Perry Masson, instead of being on TV we can be on the internet!

Who has the burden to prove or disprove an inflammatory claim against another person?

Or, let's just backup and point out that the underlying accusation made was uncalled for and that I was suggesting one could inquire about legal actions available. Leave it to a guy who can't figure out what bolts to use in his DIY camper to go sharp shooting a comment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12