EarthCruiser Overland Vehicles

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
Well done to the boys at the Bend Or plant.
Another unit on its way to the port for our customers in Asia this morning.
EarthCruiser export.jpg

Last edited:

mrFelix

Observer
Just rec'd your email re Earthcruiser USA, prices start at $149K , pity you can't offer those prices to your ozzie customers, probably have a lot more sales if you didn't include the "ozzie tax" :(

carbon60

Explorer
Just rec'd your email re Earthcruiser USA, prices start at $149K , pity you can't offer those prices to your ozzie customers, probably have a lot more sales if you didn't include the "ozzie tax" :(

I got the same and was surprised as well! Is that really just a short-term promotion or will the US price continue to be that much lower?

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
G`day Mr Flex
Sorry , this one is a North America exclusive.
We are offering pre production special pricing of the new EarthCruiser non raised roof model.
Chassis is the North American 4x4 FUSO FG , with the same composite fiberglass construction and EarthCruiser mount system etc
They do not have all the add on goodies (suspension, bull bars, leather seats etc) that comes as standard with the EarthCruiser EXP (Built in the US and Aus) . The goodies are available as options, a bit like Leggo build them up to suit ones needs.
Internal systems are generally the same with the obvious changes since the roof is to be fixed height on this model.
As an Aussie i understand where your coming from, there are significant advantages with economies of scale in the United States.

mrFelix

Observer
ah yes the old "economies of scale" chestnut which roughly translated into aussie speak means "aussie tax", which all of us in this country have had enough of. Companies like Coopers (beers), ARB and others all sell products (which are made in oz) in the US and Canada at prices (significantly) lower than in their home country and don't get me started on iTunes , I'm jack of it .

Last edited:

motrhed

Observer
G`day Mr Flex
Sorry , this one is a North America exclusive.
We are offering pre production special pricing of the new EarthCruiser non raised roof model.
Chassis is the North American 4x4 FUSO FG , with the same composite fiberglass construction and EarthCruiser mount system etc
They do not have all the add on goodies (suspension, bull bars, leather seats etc) that comes as standard with the EarthCruiser EXP (Built in the US and Aus) . The goodies are available as options, a bit like Leggo build them up to suit ones needs.
Internal systems are generally the same with the obvious changes since the roof is to be fixed height on this model.
As an Aussie i understand where your coming from, there are significant advantages with economies of scale in the United States.

When you say "non raised roof", do you mean a reduced ceiling height as in when the current EarthCruiser is in driving mode or are you building a model that has an interior roof height equivalent to the current EC with the roof up? My wife and I spoke with you at OX this year and were extremely impressed with the features and quality of the EC but the retractable roof compromises wardrobe and additional storage space that is available with a fixed roof model. Also for my wife, the desire for a more "private" bathroom experience is essential. We do not foresee the need to ship our next vehicle in a sea can and our current vehicle's height is just shy of 13' tall so an EC with a permanently raised roof is still 12" to 24" shorter than what we have now. The wind drag caused by the extra roof height above the cab can be reduced with a cab mounted deflector or cowling. By your description, this sounds like an EC body not the Host body, correct?

Last edited:

GR8ADV

Explorer
When you say "non raised roof", do you mean a reduced ceiling height as in when the current EarthCruiser is in driving mode or are you building a model that has an interior roof height equivalent to the current EC with the roof up? My wife and I spoke with you at OX this year and were extremely impressed with the features and quality of the EC but the retractable roof compromises wardrobe and additional storage space that is available with a fixed roof model. Also for my wife, the desire for a more "private" bathroom experience is essential. We do not foresee the need to ship our next vehicle in a sea can and our current vehicle's height is just shy of 13' tall so an EC with a permanently raised roof is still 12" to 24" shorter than what we have now. The wind drag caused by the extra roof height above the cab can be reduced with a cab mounted deflector or cowling.

As much as I love these guys, and love their product I am amazed at how sketchy and confusing some of their communication is, both here and in direct email. It always seems to come in bits and pieces and is not well thought out and usually needs clarification of some sort for pretty basic stuff. I assume their finished product is top drawer, but I wonder how the communication would be during a build. Always lots of good pictures tho.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger