Earthroamer sell off?

BillFitz

Wow. No offense to ER owners on here, but these things on RV Trader are way overpriced turds. $300,000 for a 13 year old Earthroamer with the worst diesel engine ever produced, the infamous 6.4 Maxxforce? They will never ever sell these for these prices. I am so excited for this overblown market to collapse like it so richly deserves.
There is a sucker born every minute. P. T. Barnum.

gdaut

That may not be a sign of tough times. I would guess a lot of the pre-owned units that Earthroamer sells are trade ins where the owner bought a new one to replace their previous ER . And looking at the model numbers of the used units, it looks like ER made close to 300 of the LTS version, and have already made close to 100 of the LTi version. And the used LTi models are selling (or at least listed) for 3/4 of a million dollars. Seems like times are pretty sweet; at least in ER-land.

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
In my opinion, I don't observe individuals who own Earthroamers selling them to upgrade to a new model. Instead, it seems to me that those who own Earthroamers have concluded that lifestyle and moved on to different experiences, such as acquiring a condominium at a resort or a cabin. Maybe even buyin a plane or a boat.

In the RV / Overlander market, many individuals become exhausted with the nomadic living style. Investing a significant amount of money in a vehicle used only once or twice a year doesn't seem like a wise decision after a few years of ownership.

It's noteworthy that Earthroamer is strategic in maintaining the value of their vehicles by reselling them, thereby keeping the market demand and price high.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior