EarthRoamer XV-JP "Northwest Edition"

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
I would have to say, Mike, with that set up it sure looks like a dream I used to have when I was a kid! Perfect for me prior to Wife and Kid #'s one and two!

Wow, yep, it looks really great up there. You know if you find that it is too much, a nice little Kawi Super Sherpa, or some other tiny 200cc bike would do you really nice there. Might be in need of drop pegs, or a taller seat to fit you, but it would do the job respectably. Then when you decide you are officially "old" you can put on a motor-scooter and bum around with the grandpas out there!
haha

AeroNautiCal

Explorer
The problem with that idea is that even 200cc bikes are going to weigh in at about 300 lbs, which is what the Honda weighs, so it would mean spending $$$, and losing all the benefits of the 600cc Honda for no discernible benefit!

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Really? You recon one of those tiny little bikes is going to come in at 300lbs? Well, I presume you have more knowledge on the subject than I, but that sure seems odd. I have seen several 600cc bikes and they look a lot larger than the super sherpa etc.

Oh well,

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Paul's latest contribution to glamping

There should probably be a separate thread for Paul's ongoing cool work, but in it's absence . . .

Paul got a commission to create a transportable kitchen table for the Land Rover rig of a client in Monaco.

The wood is ash, but the top is reversible with stainless steel on the back, which seems like an excellent idea. The connections are made using brass "cane joins," which I'd never thought about, but seems a very trick way of making something transportable.

Here are a few pictures from his blog:

P1180009.JPG

P1180010.JPG

P1180012.JPG

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I got more pictures from Paul Jensen of his bespoke Land Rover camp kitchen table. It's actually even tricker than I thought, what with having a stainless windscreen I hadn't seen in the last photos.

It all fits in one flat "envelope":

P1180018.JPG

P1180024.JPG

Which contains all this:

P1180060.JPG

Which makes this:

P1180045.JPG

Paul's blog has all the pictures, including closeup photos of the joinery:

http://pauljensencustom.blogspot.com/2012/08/folding-table-completed.html

Yeah, I know . . . this has nothing to do with the XV-JP. Sure is a pretty, and pretty clever, table, though.

EKBCPA

photo-66.jpg

Or this.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader

A man of few words. :sombrero:

Might that XV-JP be yours? If so, tell us some more, please. It's always nice to have a new Portal member, and besides, it's lonely here, since the only other XV-JP owner I know of is Martin Wright, and he's 7600 miles away in Australia.

And is that A Rokon on the back? And more importantly, may I assume it rides happily back there and there's been no need to weld up a broken frame or bumper?

EKBCPA

A man of few words. :sombrero:

Might that XV-JP be yours? If so, tell us some more, please. It's always nice to have a new Portal member, and besides, it's lonely here, since the only other XV-JP owner I know of is Martin Wright, and he's 7600 miles away in Australia.

And is that A Rokon on the back? And more importantly, may I assume it rides happily back there and there's been no need to weld up a broken frame or bumper?

Yep it's mine. Been a Portal member, just not much of a poster, as you noticed.

Yes it's a Rokon. Rides very nicely on the hitch hauler. No broken frame or bumper...yet. But in reality, it usually rides in the trailer. Only on the hitch hauler when I go somewhere I can't (or don't wont to) take the trailer.

I also have a pair of hiking boots in the jeep as a last resort. :)

photo-64.jpg

Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior