East Coast Road Trip (April 21-May 8)&(June28-July18) through 32 US States with my 2020 Honda Accord Hybrid...

0GW3iqG.jpg

wdfWIIC.jpg

UcQNWxo.jpg

w6fH2zQ.jpg

YSib5sm.jpg

WdixLoZ.jpg

Today visited the National Mall in Washington DC. Since it was a public holiday, there was a lot of free parking right by the National Mall. I actually parked in a parking area meant only for employees of the US Capitol. My car stayed there for the 3.5 hours that we went walking around the whole National Mall. Other drivers parked too but the lot was not even half full as people were scrared they would get a ticket or their cars would get towed. Well, I was lucky my car was not ticketed nor towed.
q2ItKqO.jpg

The White House
AcXQw2z.jpg

The Reflecting Pool
DQP6WVe.jpg

The Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall
May God bless all those who served and who are serving.
vNEgmL9.jpg

Lincoln Memorial
F9juexJ.jpg

r4Zp5sW.jpg

VZ6uayA.jpg

vBMasI4.jpg

Washington Monument
5U5BLW5.jpg

So many food vendors at the Washington Monument
5QTXxmf.jpg

Smithsonian Institution
H0pCikn.jpg

The US Capitol. Free parking in this area since it was a public holiday. On normal days only employees park here. So, one was lucky to find free parking. But I thought my car would be towed but I still took the chance after I talked to 2 other families who said they were going to chance it also. This lot was barely full as most people who came by were wanting to be safe than sorry and so parked only to take pictures here and left. I parked here and came back 3.5 hours later. Car was still there. So, we got in and left.
kLMGkNe.jpg

Yesterday, left Marylard for New York. Made a quick stop in Philadelphia to see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. And then had a chance to eat a Philly cheese steal at one of the most popular hoke in the Wall restaurant. It was good, but after rating it, I think I can make a really tasty one also.
fE1z3VB.jpg

42tLD2T.jpg

2RLa8A6.jpg

x935u9L.jpg

Later that day we got to New York. I have my hotel in Newark and decided to drive to New York City and just drive around. So many tolls. Tolls cost me about $30 on that day. The roads in New York City and Newark are really bad. My suspension is being overworked. The driving here is scary and a lot of people honking all the time. Late at night, I decided to drive to see how close I could get to see the Statue of Liberty at night. And so I got this shot.
nCCC3Gs.jpg

Today we took the train from Newark to explore some of New York City. First stop was at the World Trade Station. My first time to New York City and first time visiting the area after 911. Very solemn and nice experience.
The Oculus Train station was a nice building also.
jxn6XxN.jpg

So many people at the WTC memorial
cTe8Wyx.jpg

PD2NMHi.jpg

The beautiful faces of those who lost their lives on 9/11. May they rest in peace.
ljHOhFJ.jpg

yXNNS1Q.jpg

Aerial picture posted at the 911 Memorial showing where the 2 buildings that collapsed once stood.
bF6FqHQ.jpg

Next was eating some New York pizza and then shopping for souvenirs. Then a walk to the Brooklyn Bridge. When we were halfway on the 1.1 mile long bridge, a torrential rain started. With so many people on the bridge, so many of us got really wet by the time we found shelter. Some people were smart enough to have umbrellas or rain coats, so did not get wet. But it was still a nice laugh and fun for all those who got very wet.
J2MZ6II.jpg

Took a picture of the buildings standing from Brooklyn Bridge.
ljPatLn.jpg

Even after being so wet, one still made time to go walk around Chinatown before calling it a day and taking 2 trains back to get to Newark.
3JZQdC4.jpg

Last edited:
Very good day today touring some iconic places in New York City for my first time.
Time Square
vfjy38m.jpg

oB4p7UI.jpg

And make sure to look for the Naked Cowboy. He is quite an attraction. Lots of women taking pictures with him and giving him a tip from $2 to $20. Well, he always hands out his card to the women who take pics with him and he signs it and just says if your relationship does not work out, contact him.
tG8gpzV.jpg

Next was Rockefeller Plaza
Mqiyxa1.jpg

yC9f4f7.jpg

Across the street is the iconic church St. Patrick's Cathedral
22ZfFmk.jpg

XRMtIEf.jpg

We walked to the Lego store and I enjoyed this enough to take pictures of them.
4cVfkNY.jpg

YX2DFF2.jpg

Walked infront of Trump Tower and had to take pics.
U2e5VrG.jpg

Walked to Central Park but did not go top far inside. One was exhausted walking around by then. It was time to get on the subway to see Central Station for my first time.
T65RLIf.jpg

And that concludes the part of my road trip spent in New York. Tomorrow we leave for Massachusetts while seeing other things along the way. Then 2 days later all the way to Portland, Maine.

Today, we drove through New York, Connecticit, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We will be staying in Massachusetts for 2 days and then will head to Portland, Maine.
#24 New York
hRBFJCT.jpg

#25 Connecticut
S6MkOdj.jpg

#26 Rhode Island
NZH0rRK.jpg

#27 Massachusetts
3wdvycV.jpg

In Connecticut, we make a stop at the haunted abandoned Fairfield Hills psychiatric Hospital. It has some really scary videos that some people have posted on YouTube over the years. It was a good stop to take a look at it and walk around it. It felt a bit spooky.
RadJKul.jpg

BoqHBsV.jpg

6i6wVC0.jpg

From there, we drove to The Mark Twain House & Museum for a tour. It was really nice. The house had a good story. Too bad they did not allow people to take pictures of the inside.
eIqi81f.jpg

Qf2W8XF.jpg

CCrkhEm.jpg

About 2 miles from the Mark Twain House is Bear's Smokehouse. Very good BBQ. I definitely recommend the pork ribs and the burnt ends. Yummy!
GonyMEU.jpg

WXmWQp8.jpg

Drove the final 2 hours to our hotel. Checked in and decided to head to the marina to eat and try to get on the ferry to go to the small island of Matha's Vinyard.
VDkqdxE.jpg

NdWmj4r.jpg

3apjQeH.jpg

And that was it for today. Tomorrow, plan to drive the whole length of Cape Cod National Seashore.

Last edited:
Very beautiful day today exploring the whole of Cape Cod National Seashore in Massachusetts and spending most of the day in Provincetown and visiting some light houses and beaches.
31zXEeo.jpg

Three Sisters lighthouse
r3FtmWZ.jpg

Nausea Beach Light Station
P30SvBk.jpg

Highland Lighthouse
xi1tp88.jpg

Provincetown was very interesting this weekend as we heard it was Bear Week 2021 in Provincetown. No wonder the town was so colorful. We saw some very interesting things around town. And this bar that was very entertaining with drag queens dancing and getting a lot of dollar bills from the guests. It was very entertaining. Theu said people should come to the bar at night for the best show. Too bad we could not stay for that.
Zius862.jpg

m76ym9s.jpg

wlDMJoQ.jpg

LZXkRQD.jpg

KoR0bdd.jpg

IoZChxG.jpg

And last but not the least, some aerial views of Provincetown, MA.
F5jMiw9.jpg

Boats loading up people for a 3 hours whale watching trip
6bW6tJU.jpg

The heart of Commercial Street. A must see area to walk around.
9WQwOXS.jpg

A random look at some residential areas.
GW4HWek.jpg

Sg4MK6T.jpg

Last edited:
I had always wanted to visit Harvard. So, I had to make a stop today in Boston to visit Harvard University and buy one of those Harvard t-shirts.
Main entrance into Harvard
0G6XxG2.jpg

poTKBoX.jpg

3uwMHzs.jpg

Harvard library with the statue of John Harvard
6GQETno.jpg

IwQzFnP.jpg

Next was to drive to Maine. First thing to see was Nubble Lighthouse.
JRqtOzR.jpg

SLr8Qbq.jpg

8ViJinE.jpg

NYhtrUx.jpg

Got to Portland and had some very tasty Lobster rolls. Been eating this a lot while in this part of the country. It is very good. I think I can make this too. Will be adding this to my menu at home. I am sure the Lobster roll I will make will be finger licking.
bskKTsf.jpg

Then just had a look at this Berlin Wall by the restaurant.
nFiURgD.jpg

After eating, we went to see the most photographed Lighthouse in Portland called Portland Head Light. It was really packed.
80GOp9H.jpg

ELVbr1g.jpg

11wiqpT.jpg

Last edited:
My first time at the Niagara Falls State Park. What an amazing park. But my second time going down into Niagara Falls. First time was like 8 years ago on the Canadian side. This is my first time going down to the Falls on the US side. The Niagara Falls State Park is an amazing park to visit.
Y8ExUl0.jpg

Niagara Falls
ZK7poA5.jpg

jGUNyne.jpg

3P0XTsS.jpg

Waiting for our boat to come so we can get on the board for our own 20 minutes ride to get under the Falls.
ghc2w0L.jpg

Last pictures I took of the Falls as we were about to get under it where we all got very wet.
oOduX8L.jpg

Igwt2sx.jpg

Coming in to dock while the next set of people waiting to get on the boat.
jk6TaD1.jpg

When we were done with the ride, they always hook the boat to be charging since it is fully electric. So, it is charging while we get off the boat and the new set of people get on board.
kQLXBfv.jpg

When we got off the boat after the ride
aoXw0Oy.jpg

Done with the ride and getting back to dock. We get out at the dock and get into that building to ride the elevators 20 storeys up to get on that observation deck.
KLqlBPK.jpg

A lot of people on the Observation deck.
d2Nt2jw.jpg

I took a picture of the boat that left after we docked.
WmKfcOJ.jpg

Canadian Rainbow Bridge. This is US/Canadian border. Too bad it is still closed. I wish the border was open, I had so much I wanted to go do there and buy.
PcsIncx.jpg

Our Canadian neighbors doing their own ride to the Falls.
cO2VU0b.jpg

Pox27kO.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179