Easter Jeep Safari accommodations?

Presto88

Adventurer
I live in Boise and have always wanted to go, but it seems that things just never work out that way for me. Turns out, I'm free from now until next Monday so I'm thinking about driving down to Moab tomorrow. The thing that's holding me back is that I don't know where I can stay while I'm there. I have an UrsaMinor J30 top on my JKU, but I would assume that all of the campgrounds and hotels will already be full, and I'm told that it's difficult to camp in the National Forest areas down there too. Basically, all I need is a place to park my Jeep at night where I won't be hassled by the man! Any thoughts?

Presto88

Adventurer
Thanks, flhtruss. I'm pretty sure I'm going to give this a shot. I figure the worst case scenario is that I'll end up driving a bit each evening to get away from the area to find somewhere to camp.

kdeleon

Observer
Thanks, flhtruss. I'm pretty sure I'm going to give this a shot. I figure the worst case scenario is that I'll end up driving a bit each evening to get away from the area to find somewhere to camp.
You should be able to find dispersed sites around blm area 30mins away from Moab. The area close to canyonlands has plenty, we camped close to dead horse (road heading down to long canyon) and it had spectacular views. Plus you'll have the place to yourself. Pm me if you need more details. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rubicon91

Explorer
There is a ton of dispersed sites out there everywhere you may just need to drive a bit back to town but isnt that the fun of exploring out there. Good luck!

Presto88

Adventurer
Just in case anybody is looking at this thread in the future...a buddy and I drove down on Thursday (2 Jeeps) and stayed until Sunday. We didn't much trouble at all finding legit places to camp. We had to drive a little bit away from Moab, but I wouldn't say it was inconvenient at all. If you are thinking about going at the last minute, I would say "Do it!".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998