ebay: Four Wheel Drive Ferrari on Portals

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-Mac...b7c034bb:g:oqEAAOSwP~tW2Rcu&item=161996616891

OQEFsDC.jpg

This is a Ferrari transporter (macchine agricole), a very rare machine! These were imported for transporting material for vineyards over rough terrain. It is articulated in the middle, so all four wheels contact the ground at all times. It is 4wd and has portal axles both front and rear, with selectable locking differentials. It has 7 speeds forward and 3 reverse, a splined PTO output for driving implements, and full hydraulic steering. Both driver's and passenger's seats have suspension. At some point this one has been repowered with a Dodge 318, so motor parts are cheap and easy to get. This motor runs great, but does smoke. I have a replacement motor on a test stand, it runs great, with good oil pressure and compression. At this price I'll include installation of the good motor. I'll go lower on the price if you don't need it installed. All the gears and the PTO work, and its very heavy duty. The mechanical brakes work, but the hydraulic brakes are not building pressure. It looks like the master cylinder will need to be rebuilt. I don't have the original fuel tank, so right now I'm running it off a boat fuel tank.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I don't see any "portal axles" on that rig - perhaps they are confusing them with "gear reduction axle" instead?

The value would go up if it still had the ferrari nameplate on the front...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears