ECO the Vitara.

Richiezook

Heres my Vitara ECO, (Because its green, and diesel :) )

Started life as Commercial (van) fitted with a Peugoet 1.9 Diesel as standard.

eco007.jpg

eco008.jpg

eco011.jpg

eco016.jpg

eco028.jpg

Steel axle (to combat weak Ali one)

eco045.jpg

R:cool:

Richiezook

Bumper bracket made up to mount Off Road Armoury bumper (the Commercial has the 5 door front end on the chassis ,Just to be awkward)

eco058.jpg

eco065.jpg

calmini001.jpg

Calmini springs too soft to support Diesel engine and winch bumper (so Old man Emu +30mm Grand Vitara ones fitted)

calmini004.jpg

Lsd for the rear.

eco068.jpg

R

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
What was the donor vehicle for the steel front differential and housing?

AFAIK there are no vehicles in North America that have a steel centre. They are all aluminium. There are aftermarket housings and people use SJ/Samurai differentials as well.

chet

island Explorer
VERY nice rig! I love the matching trailer.

Root Moose. The steel housing can be found in 5 spd grand vitaras and the steel third in the the same or an XL7 has them as well. check zukiworld there is an article there explaining it all.

Richiezook

Sorry , missed your post , yes in the UK anyway, the Grand Vitara 2.5 V6 petrol and the 2.0l Diesel have steel axles. The 5 door Vitara (tracker , sidekick) Diesel (late version) has them too.

All will have the wrong ratios (probably if you want 5,12) Most are 4.8.

Ive fitted 5.12 diffs into mine (as i had them from my petrol , and ones steel the others an LSD), this also lowers the gearing from 4.8 diffs in the Diesel back down to compensate for the 31" tyres.

Richie

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
Root Moose. The steel housing can be found in 5 spd grand vitaras and the steel third in the the same or an XL7 has them as well. check zukiworld there is an article there explaining it all.

Sorry , missed your post , yes in the UK anyway, the Grand Vitara 2.5 V6 petrol and the 2.0l Diesel have steel axles. The 5 door Vitara (tracker , sidekick) Diesel (late version) has them too.

Cool stuff. Things sure have changed size I was into Suzukis I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle