Econoline carpet interchange?

philos

Explorer
Looking for front carpet online and I seem to keep finding carpet listed for 92-99 and 08-14. I'm under the impression that the 92-99 will work on my 2003... help?

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
I thought that there was a design change to the doghouse opening sometime in the 90's. The older design has a transmission hump and the newer design has a flat floor. I believe that you have the flat floor, so the newer carpet will fit. I put 2013 carpet in my 2007.

Jb1rd

Explorer
I think it changed in 97, I wanted to order Husky Liner floor mats for my 94 and they are only available for 97 and up.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
why not just find a large piece of carpet on Craigslist for relatively cheap cut it and put it in?

philos

Explorer
that shape looks a lot like the nasty plastic mat I pulled out... and that price is pretty nice too!
You're like the king of links around here! Always something good!

why not just find a large piece of carpet on Craigslist for relatively cheap cut it and put it in?
I had thought about doing that, but I'm not sure my skill set is up to forming the carpet around the bumpy bits next to the kick panels... well at least to form it and have it look decent :D

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Easy!
xlxen8.jpg

Last edited:

philos

Explorer
Well now, my inner cheap bastid is intrigued... Any more with it all finished?

Sent via flux capacitor

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Hmm I'll have to dig...
Give me some time.
It did come out pretty good, I got a bunch of compliments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears