Econoline measurement between driver and passenger seat?

lindy74

Hey there, I'm ready to start my next build, moving from my popup to a van. I'm looking to get an E250 and until I find one, I've been doing some mock up layouts. I was wanting to put a Dometic fridge between the drivers and passenger seat. The model fridge I'm looking at is 36" wide and I was hoping someone with an E-van could share the measurement between those seats. I've seen a video that someone put their Dometic there, but I'm not sure on what model it was.

Thanks in advance!
Jason

Ambolorian

It must have been a thinner model. Mine has about 22" between the seats and there's a 4WD selector gear shift in the way as well..

86scotty

Cynic
Sounds about right. Never seen a fridge that's 36" unless you mean 36" long.

A word of caution though. The beauty of a van is the walk through. Why jam it up with a fridge there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lindy74

Appreciate the responses, I agree with the walk through portion. This is what I get for involving the wife in this build. The model Dometic is the 75 size so it is pretty big. I'd prefer it to be on a slide out in the back.

Also I read the dimensions incorrectly, it's 19".
Thanks again!

Last edited:

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
Appreciate the responses, I agree with the walk through portion. This is what I get for involving the wife in this build. The model Dometic is the 75 size so it is pretty big. I'd prefer it to be on a slide out in the back.

Also I read the dimensions incorrectly, it's 19".
Thanks again!
I’ve been using a CRX 50 Dometic fridge for 5ish years now. Very reliable and works great. I’d highly recommend them. The 75 is a bit wider. There’s also a drawer version.

Raney’s Truck shop had the best price I could find when I bought mine.

lindy74

I’ve been using a CRX 50 Dometic fridge for 5ish years now. Very reliable and works great. I’d highly recommend them. The 75 is a bit wider. There’s also a drawer version.

Raney’s Truck shop had the best price I could find when I bought mine.
Awesome, thanks for the tip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears