Edgestar 43 qt Fridge - Bay Area, Ca

Project510

Adventurer
I am selling my Edgestar 43 qt fridge. It is currently not working so I will explain what happened.

I had not been on a trip in a long time so it was being used as a beer fridge. During a cleaning I accidently used the incorrect cable and plugged it into the wall. Heard a small pop and now the compressor doesn't turn on.
All the other electronics work, you can set the temp and it all works, but the compressor doesn't turn on to actually begin to cool the fridge. I'm assuming I popped a breaker or fuse or something inside and just do not want to take it all apart to find it.

It also has custom handles I made for tie downs when it was installed in my Frontier.

Condition: Used but like new aside from the electrical issue. It was only taken on two long trips and a few over nighters. Lots of life left if you have the skill to open it up replace what ever the issue is.
Price: Best offer? I paid $400 when new, and I really think its a inexpensive fix but I am not an electrician. So make an offer.

i-9vXM3HG-L.jpg
i-Zvm4mcj-L.jpg

i-JFGxj2k-L.jpg
1187925823_e6Dh5-XL.jpg

unplannedbbq

Adventurer
FYI, relatively easy fix, your cooked DC power supply is self contained and easy to replace.

If you pull it out you can find the part # for replacement (or an equivalent) - should be under $25. Screenshot is from the edge star service manual for wiring.

Just so you know, edgestar installed two temp probes in the 43L 'cause they go bad.- you'll see an un-attached yellow wire plug hanging out in there if you open it up. That's the spare.

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 3.44.18 PM.png

Project510

Adventurer
FYI, relatively easy fix, your cooked DC power supply is self contained and easy to replace.

If you pull it out you can find the part # for replacement (or an equivalent) - should be under $25. Screenshot is from the edge star service manual for wiring.

Just so you know, edgestar installed two temp probes in the 43L 'cause they go bad.- you'll see an un-attached yellow wire plug hanging out in there if you open it up. That's the spare.

Wow, thank you! I will give it a try.

DaJudge

Explorer
My wife plug the DC side into a 110 outlet once, burned a trace on the board. There are pictures and explanation in the Edgestar Mods thread. I just soldered a small piece of wire where the trace was burnt. Been running like that for years now.

Project510

Adventurer
My wife plug the DC side into a 110 outlet once, burned a trace on the board. There are pictures and explanation in the Edgestar Mods thread. I just soldered a small piece of wire where the trace was burnt. Been running like that for years now.

Pulled the board out. Looks like this is exactly what happened. Thanks for the info. Ill get this fixed and report back.

Sale put on hold while repairs made!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998