Eezi Awn Awning

RgnNxn08

Ok, I know that there are several threads about awnings. I read everyone of them last night. So here's my quandry.....

I have the FIAMMA F35 Pro on my Horizon trailer. First trip out last year one of the legs broke off where the rivet connects to the assembly. So Martyn at AT was kind enough to order me a replacement part. Just went up last weekend, and that darn leg broke in the same spot (rivet again) as I was taking the leg assembly out of the awning. Sure I can put a machine screw in to fix it, but I'm pretty disappointed in the quality.

That's the long story.

Here's the question. The Eezi Awn is more than twice the money. Does anyone have one? I'm assuming that for twice the money it is probably built a bit heavier like their tents. Anyone have any actual experience with Eezi Awn Awnings?

Are the wall panels sturdy? Do they hold well also?

BTW, the trip started out interesting as well:
2009-04-17-CampingatPinewood02.jpg

Springtime in Colorado........

Thanx for any input anyone might have.

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Ok, I know that there are several threads about awnings. I read everyone of them last night. So here's my quandry.....

I have the FIAMMA F35 Pro on my Horizon trailer. First trip out last year one of the legs broke off where the rivet connects to the assembly. So Martyn at AT was kind enough to order me a replacement part. Just went up last weekend, and that darn leg broke in the same spot (rivet again) as I was taking the leg assembly out of the awning. Sure I can put a machine screw in to fix it, but I'm pretty disappointed in the quality.

That's the long story.

Here's the question. The Eezi Awn is more than twice the money. Does anyone have one? I'm assuming that for twice the money it is probably built a bit heavier like their tents. Anyone have any actual experience with Eezi Awn Awnings?

Are the wall panels sturdy? Do they hold well also?

BTW, the trip started out interesting as well:
2009-04-17-CampingatPinewood02.jpg

Springtime in Colorado........

Thanx for any input anyone might have.

The construction of the two is very similar in quality. The difference is in the design. The Fiamma has legs that recess into the main tube, where as the Eezi Awn has legs and cross members that remain outside the main tube.

It is possible to damage the Fiamma legs and cross members while deploying them if the tube is not fully rotated so the leg faces downward and the cross member faces back toward the clamshell case.

In this case it seems like they will work if you muscle them a little, but the results are not that great.

Contact me and we'll send you a new awning with more exact instructions on deployment. I'll repair your awning and use it on my new Teardrop Trailer :sombrero:

Abel Villesca

Explorer
I've got the Eezi Awn Awning that was originally on Scott Brady's Chaser # 1. When I picked up the new Chaser at Overland Expo; Martyn, Mario and Paul May all helped demonstrate the deployment and stowage of the awning. Despite the fact that the awning was "pre-owned" :sombrero: there were no defects that I noted. The legs and all other components were sound. I do not know how often the awning was deployed by Scott Brady, but I imagine it was used frequently and in various conditions. I was impressed by the condition it was in when I received it.

WMac

Adventurer
The construction of the two is very similar in quality. The difference is in the design. The Fiamma has legs that recess into the main tube, where as the Eezi Awn has legs and cross members that remain outside the main tube.

It is possible to damage the Fiamma legs and cross members while deploying them if the tube is not fully rotated so the leg faces downward and the cross member faces back toward the clamshell case.

In this case it seems like they will work if you muscle them a little, but the results are not that great.

Contact me and we'll send you a new awning with more exact instructions on deployment. I'll repair your awning and use it on my new Teardrop Trailer :sombrero:

Sorry, Out of line for the thread but I just couldnt help myself.

You can buy a cheeper trailer, But you cant purchase Quality Customer Service.

Martyn you guys are the best.:victory:

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader

Now this is customer service that is rarely seen these days....1st class folks right there:luxhello::luxhello:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior