Eezi-Awn/Howlingmoon vs Tepui/CVT/ARB

Are the Eezi-Awn/Howlingmoon RTT's worth the extra cost over a Tepui/CVT/etc? Would you buy a used but in good condition eezi-awn/howlingmoon for the same price as a comparable sized and optioned Tepui/CVT/etc?

Happykamper

Explorer
the easy answer is hands down yes Eezi awn and howling moon are the best of the group you listed. I love my Eezi awn. And have used Howling moon in past, both great both worth every penny in every way.
Now the hard part tepui makes a fine product as does CVT I can't speak to ARB.
It depends on how much you will use it, what conditions ...:).
As for buying used I would not hesitate to buy a nice used RTT. Mostly because the folks selling just have not used them so facing facts and selling. Or do use them and are moving to a different option for size or whatever. These folks typically take great care of there gear.
I hope this helps in some way. By the way I am partial to Eezi awn over all.

Dusty Grin

Observer
I agree with HappyKamper. I've owned an Eezi-awn, cvt, and currently a Maggiolina.
There's an obvious difference in quality with the cvt compared to the eeziawn. The materials used with the eeziawn are much heavier duty including the tension rods that hold the windows out. The cvt's are half the diameter and thus keep much less tension and so more flopping in wind etc.
That being said, the cvt functions fine and for the savings, may very well be a better choice. I use mine so often it's worth getting the best quality.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman