Electri Mirrors for a Taco?

J_wings24

Observer
So, This is an odd idea...nay, a lazy idea. I'm always wanting to adjust my mirrors & always kicking & screaming because It's a pain when I'm in the cab alone.

Has anyone ever put electric mirrors on a Tacoma? I have a 99 Xcab.

I have not even looked to see if the wiring is in place or not. I have never seen an option for power mirrors.

anyone?

thanks,
Joel

lqhikers

Adventurer
J_wings24 said:
So, This is an odd idea...nay, a lazy idea. I'm always wanting to adjust my mirrors & always kicking & screaming because It's a pain when I'm in the cab alone.

Has anyone ever put electric mirrors on a Tacoma? I have a 99 Xcab.

I have not even looked to see if the wiring is in place or not. I have never seen an option for power mirrors.

anyone?

thanks,
Joel
Had to laugh when i read your ?,we sold our 2002 reg cab taco to trade up to 2008 trd access cab,wanted roll up windows( no power windows)did not want keyless entry did not want power mirrors,but now we have them and still hate them,turn on your truck to roll down a window what a pane! I feel better now (miss my 2002 Taco )
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les,Lqhikers

grillmasterp

Observer
J_wings24 said:

anyone?

thanks,
Joel

Power mirrors were available -

Take a look at the Driverside arm rest on the door -
There should be a blank cut out reserved for the mirror controls

Pull the panel to look for the wiring

I would look for 2000-04 mirrors - they were larger
Also, Make sure you find mirrors that can fold in.

Last edited:

KG6BWS

Explorer
i think the easiest way, albeit most expensive, would be just to find a set of doors with everything you want and swap em out and wire em up. my 04 has power windows, locks and mirrors. personally i love em. i hate having to lean over to roll down my passenger window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior