Electric - Camper to Truck

wwpage66

O.K. luker here that has a new to me 2007 FWC Hawk. I am trying to find a connection plug to use on the truck side to run to 2nd battery in engine compartment.

This Hawk never had a battery in camper and just ran of 2nd in truck. FWC no longer uses the type of pigtail that is on this camper and has no more in stock. I have been unable to find any similar on camperworld, eastendcamper and adventruerv and other web searches. Does this type of connector still exist anywhere or am I using the wrong search names for it?

I can find numerous 7blade types for Lance but none like this one, looks like a smaller version of 220v for home use plug.

Any advice on finding a female truck connetion like this, or should I just redo the plug to what I can find?

Camper end of pigtail

Truck side from previous owner

Want to be ready for Memorial Day weekend.

unplugged!!!

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I do not recognize it.

Is there a mfg code or part number of any kind between the blades of the male plug?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Except its pre-wired and only to 10Gauge.

If those were my only options Id go option #1 due to not being prewired, and it can accept 8Gauge.

Lumpy70

Observer
Those are called Twist-Lock connectors, and available in male or female at any electrical wholesaler. There is a North American standard naming convention for them, just find yours and bring in the number.

Misc036C.gif

Hope that helps,
Craig

brian90744

American Trekker
Run one Positive 10G wire from your engine aux battery to the camper input wire. And run a 10G wire from the camper to any truck Grd. Unless you plan on removing the camper after every trip?? Then your best with a 2 pole connector. How many wires on the camper input side?? If 3 wires, one is for marker lites and the other are pos & neg. Just FYI=brian

Last edited:

eblau

Adventurer
I just ordered an Anderson power pole connector for 10g 45 amp. The marinco plug doesn't feel very solid when it is plugged in or I'm an idiot and am doing something wrong when pushing/ twisting.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I just ordered an Anderson power pole connector for 10g 45 amp. The marinco plug doesn't feel very solid when it is plugged in or I'm an idiot and am doing something wrong when pushing/ twisting.

pfft

How about 2awg and 175 amp :wings:

chassis128.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman