Ellsworth Epiphany

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
For what it's worth though you have to take that with any forum. There are matters of opinion, preferences, etc, that all influence things greatly (including, unfortunately even this one sometimes). I still remember to the late 90 through 2002 when Cummins engines "do not fit into Land Cruisers because they are too tall," Weber carburetors were superior to stock Toyota, and Old Man Emu solved all off road needs, and 35" tires were way way too big and were for rock crawlers only. This was all common folk lore on the Land Cruiser forums of the time.

I do think you can disseminate good info from MTBR but yes consider about 35% of it complete BS and everything needs to be investigated. There is some good info there when you find it, but you have to look and be cognitive...

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
dieselcruiserhead said:
I wanted to mention I had several good days in Moab on a Blur LT last year (it was an '07, so the same as Dave's I think) and loved it, very good feeling/riding/stable, and plush bike :) It is cool to see people hauling around these slightly heavier frames on I suppose the same type of terrain I'm riding (95% XC) and doing well, 50 mile rides, etc.
LOL! Moab is where my 'lightweight' (by one lb under the LT, as built it's 28.5 lbs) Blur broke, a small step on the slickrock at Bartlett Wash. Going with the LT was a no brainer for me, I break a lot of stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan