Empire Defender

High Center

Adventurer
So... yesterday I was underway working near (a local Navy base) and lo and behold there at the pier was the HMS Ocean flying the biggest Union Jack I have ever seen. I was really impressed with the ship and her assault boats until I saw on the pier several Defenders that looked like they had been prepped for amphibious operations...

-cool-

I just had to tell someone.:sombrero:

Anyone have any idea what modifications go into one of those Royal Marine (I presume) LR's?

jrose609

Explorer
So... yesterday I was underway working near (a local Navy base) and lo and behold there at the pier was the HMS Ocean flying the biggest Union Jack I have ever seen. I was really impressed with the ship and her assault boats until I saw on the pier several Defenders that looked like they had been prepped for amphibious operations...

-cool-

I just had to tell someone.:sombrero:

Anyone have any idea what modifications go into one of those Royal Marine (I presume) LR's?

..........not even a cell phone pic?

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Slight tangent, but I wiki'd HMS Ocean just to see what it looked like, and saw this picture:

800px-HMS_OCEAN_VEHICLE_DECK.JPG

What are those tracked vehicles?! There is one of those parked nearby my office, I saw it just a few days ago. A cube with tracks on the bottom towing another cube with tracks. It looks awesome and I wondered what it was.

bobtail4x4

Adventurer
The tracked things are haglunds, with a powered tracked trailer,
I got to play in one a few years ago when we had flooding locally, the army was called in to help.

dzzz

The British Navy is even smaller than it was during the Falkland's war. I'm not looking at those Defenders as part of a positive trend. They probably have AAA as part of their extraction strategy for beach assaults.
I'm expecting Jeramy Clarkson to be named Minister of Defense any day now.

Yorker

Adventurer
Rob etc-

There used to be some really cool Hagglund BV-206 videos on youtube. Really worth looking at if you can find them, those things are very cool.

glr

Observer
If you want one I can supply them, they come with either diesel or gas engines, do you want me to ask my supplers the cost?

Yorker

Adventurer
If you want one I can supply them, they come with either diesel or gas engines, do you want me to ask my supplers the cost?

I have a friend who was looking for one- I don't know how serious he really was but nonetheless I'd be curious what they go for. :smiley_drive:

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader

I'd be curious to know what they go for, but don't have the money for it so don't put too much effort in. ;)

I'm assuming that they sometimes get disposed of by the British army in Canada, same as Defenders.

High Center

Adventurer
Cell phone pic- My cell phone was safely tucked away from the elements but the thought did occur to me.

Tracked vehicle- Saw those on the pier as well. Very cool Zombie defense vehicle...

"I'm expecting Jeramy Clarkson to be named Minister of Defense any day now."
I'm pretty certain he thinks he already is...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears