Engel fidge mounting question

BobsCreek

Adventurer
(f"r"idge, not fidge)

I for some reason feel a bit idiotic asking this, but I guess it would be much worse to be wrong and find out the hard way!

Any reason to NOT take the feet off of an Engel fridge when you mount it? I can see them adding some very slight vibration protection but...???

I'm just trying to shave off as much height as I can, I don't feel like needing a step ladder to access the bottom of the fridge when I slide it out onto my tailgate.

Last edited:

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Hrmmm, I left the feet on mine but I built the cabinet to fit my height. Wish I had an answer.
I wonder if removing the feet would effect the cooling?

BobsCreek

Adventurer
the vents are all on the sides.... I think the transit bag (as I recall) is solid on the bottom and just is vented on the regions with..vents...

krick3tt

Adventurer
I made a base for mine and used slight depressions for the feet to fit into in the 1/2 inch plywood base and used the mounting holes (with longer screws) to secure it. The feet keep it from moving and still allow the vibration isolation of the fridge design to work. the plywood is secured to the floor of the Rover between the second row of seats using the mounting screws of the removed centre seat for fastening. It is quite secure.
Removing the rubber feet was not an option based on my design. I made storage boxes that fit over the other two remaining seats (when lowered) that correspond to the height of the fridge. The Front Runner shelf/drawer system is a perfect height match to everything else to make a sleeping platform.

BobsCreek

Adventurer
Per Engel, the feet are not required , it wouldn't be a bad idea to put a rubber mat down just for vibration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan