Engel Power Cord 12v DC wiring. HELP!

chris snell

Adventurer
Reviving this thread: I am a week out from a big trip and just realized that my 12V power cable for my fridge is destroyed. I'm trying to find the technical name of the receptacle/plug combo. If I can find the plug on Mouser or something, I can build my own replacement easily in time for my trip.

It's highly likely that Engel sourced off-the-shelf part for this cable.

For the record, I've ordered replacement parts from Engel's USA distributor in Florida and they are slower than molasses to ship.

Last edited:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Reviving this thread: I am a week out from a big trip and just realized that my 12V power cable for my fridge is destroyed. I'm trying to find the technical name of the receptacle/plug combo. If I can find the plug on Mouser or something, I can build my own replacement easily in time for my trip.

It's highly likely that Engel sourced off-the-shelf part for this cable.

For the record, I've ordered replacement parts from Engel's USA distributor in Florida and they are slower than molasses to ship.
The fridge-side DC plug has long been a mystery and I don't know if anyone's figured it out. It's not a standad IEC configuration that I've ever come across and it has Sawafuji's name and information molded into it, so at minimum it's semi-customized and easily could be proprietary.

Anyway when I check continuity on mine for an older MT45 this is what I find.

I have not checked the blades with a micrometer but looking at them I have my doubts a plain blade connector will fit on it.

IMG_3396_mid.jpg

IMG_3397_mid.jpg

Last edited:

chris snell

Adventurer
The fridge-side DC plug has long been a mystery and I don't know if anyone's figured it out. It's not a standad IEC configuration that I've ever come across and it has Sawafuji's name and information molded into it, so at minimum it's semi-customized and easily could be proprietary.

Anyway when I check continuity on mine for an older MT45 this is what I find.

I have not checked the blades with a micrometer but looking at them I have my doubts a plain blade connector will fit on it.

View attachment 807637

Thank you for the pin-out. I ordered a new male 12V ("cigarette lighter") piece from Amazon and I'm going to patch it into the cable. For as awesome and bulletproof as the Engel fridges are, the cables are Mickey Mouse. I'm going to replace my MT45 with an ARB soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior