Engel Power Cord 12v DC wiring. HELP!

PeteSinc

Hello. My 12v power cord for my Engel fridge is lost. I’m thinking of connecting it by putting two female crimped on spade connectors onto the pins sticking out of the power socket.

does anyone know which is the positive pin and which is negative pin that’s recessed into the fridge where the power cord plug would normally go.

My photo shows the sockets in the side of the fridge and the plug I’m referring to is the one on the left.... So is the upper pin positive or negative? Im ferrying to the yellow pins in the photo.) I’m told that getting the connections wrong could blow the power supply unit in the fridge so I only have one chance to get it right. View attachment 5729938D485A75-A50B-45C3-9C06-86708E989E71.jpeg

PeteSinc

I’m going to give all these suggestions a try on Monday so will report back.

Thank you all again. You’re fantastic.

PeteSinc

All fixed. Beers chilling. Thanks guys. I love you all. Total cost? Two British Pence. ???
(Please excuse dust in power area. Been in my workshop for a while but getting a good clean now.)

Thanks again

Pete.
314A3CD0-72AE-4B4A-B841-375A1DF67318.jpeg

PeteSinc

Will do. I've Gorilla Taped the cable to the side of the Engel to help keep it in place so hopefully it'll last a little while.

Thanks again everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179